Can you put a Krell in an apartment?

As you see I am a total "goner" living in a cheap apartment with about 50 grand in Audiophile equipment. I am looking at purchasing an old krell "FPB 400 CX" amp that the manufacturer says needs a dedicated 20 amp line. Can you still run this amp off a regular electrical outlet? If you can, will it sound like crap? 
jeffvegas
I've heard Magnepan 3.7 and 1.7 in small apartments/condos, and I have used Acoustat 1+1 and Martin Logan Quests in an apartment.  When I replaced the Quest with a horn-based system, I was shocked to find how much more sound seemed to spill out of the listening area than was the case with dipole speakers, meaning that I have to play the speaker at a lower volume level so as to not disturb neighbors.  Horn systems, because of their directivity, are supposed to be good at not disturbing neighbors, but, they are not as good as dipoles in that respect.

The limitations imposed by an apartment do not mean one cannot go crazy in building a sound system, it just means going crazy in a different way.  I am in that camp.  I own three amplifiers, the most expensive currently retails near six figures and the one I am currently running I could easily sell for $25,000.  The much more expensive reserve amp (on loan to a friend) has a rated output of 6.5 watts/channe; the one I am currently running has an output around 5.5 per channel.
Gentlemen we have a winner!!!! An amp that retails for 6 figures? In an apartment?  You are a true "goner".  I am envious. 
I run a pair of Gryphon Cantata speakers, which are designed for a small room. I’m happy with them and I don’t have the problem of bass overhang/boomy bass, that I would face with a larger pair of speakers. These speakers have a separate Q controller which has different settings based on the liveliness of the room. The speakers are meant to take advantage of room gain, the natural amplification of lower frequencies. They’re a sealed design, which I believe is more accurate than a ported speaker.
I've always thought sealed sounded better as well. I have heard some Wilson speakers and they use ports. I hear the ports at louder volume levels which isn't a good thing.  When I think of potted designs I think of a loudspeaker traiding quality sound for efficiency. 
Gryphon Cantata's sound quite nice in the smaller rooms I've heard them.  It is a nice bonus that they look good too.   

Speakers meant to work in smaller spaces and close to the corners or the front wall of the room that I like a lot include Audio Note speakers and the Gradient Revolution.  Within the Audio Note line, you can go nuts on upgrade of parts and the results can be quite rewarding.  They are reasonably efficient and will work well with low-powered amps.  The Gradient speakers are not as efficient, so they need a bit more in the way of amps, but they too sound great when placed near the wall.