New SR Orange fuse ...

Ok, for those who have been waiting with bated breath, the new fuse I've been beta testing is the new Synergistic Research ORANGE fuse. 

Price for either size, large or small, will be $159.95 and will be available in all values. Available through your dealer by the middle of the month. The 30-day return policy is still in effect. 

This new fuse has more impact on SQ than going from the SR Black fuse to the SR Blue fuse. For those of you who have made this change, you know that is saying a lot.

The new Orange fuse's main strength, as I see it, is the improvement in tonal accuracy. In addition, everything just flows better, with lower distortion, better three-dimensionality, and improved dynamics. 

This is a definite winner, for sure. Two thumbs up. 

Frank

128x128oregonpapa
What type of equipment is needed to hear the difference between Blue and Orange? I have Elac Navis speakers and an LKS dac. Am I going to hear a difference between Blue and Orange? I can get Blue for $92 and Orange for $157. Will it be worth it?
I just put an orange in my new Nord Ncore 500 amp.  Nord was including a blue fuse in their top of the line Ncore 1200 amp so if the mfr trusts them so can I.  Not exactly sure on the impact of the fuse as my amp is still in the break in period but everything sounds great to me.  Next up is a better powercord. 
oregonpapa, I just listen through the new SR orange ( just a few hours burning).  The result is difficult to discribe, but details, the sound stage,  the easy to listen to.  Do you think it might be a great upgrade to install also, on my peamp, that I would be as astonishing as the one on my power amp ?  Thank you.
Audiosens,

I ilke how you describe the sound of the fuse . 

I too just got some and burning in.

I have used many fuses and they sound less exciting, less impressive than the Blue fuse, never really liked the black.

My impression seems that it sounds in between the Black and Blue fuse.

Is it a good thing, i am not sure.

It does not have stronger bass of the Blues, the biggest minus for me.

I does not have the clarity and super detailed upfront, but the information may still be there... so it seems a little less clear and even seems a little veiled in character.

This sounds more like an equalizer of certain frequencies, so there is less confusion or detail thrust upfront.

Less dynamic and softer tonally which sounds like there is some relaxation as the OP put it,

Well, less competition for instruments upfront so i am getting a more comfortable presentation.

Post removed