Great Rock System on the Cheap (ish)!

Hey all, I’ve seen a few threads about inexpensive speakers/systems for rock/metal. Thought I would leave some comments to maybe give some people some ideas on how I achieved this. Please no a**hole comments. If you don’t like it move on.

Everything here was bought used totaling under 2k.

Jolida Fusion Preamp

Jolida Tube Dac DSD – damn I love this thing

Crown XLS 1500

Cerwin Vega DX9

Bluesound Node 2 – Streaming Amazon HD

I have to say this relatively cheap system is giving me tons of enjoyment. Just pure FUN. Fat tight warm bass, warm detailed mids, PUNCHY mid bass, nice treble. Just so fun to listen to. With the 500+ watts per channel into the Vegas it grabs ahold of them like a vice and the tube dac and tube preamp just give the whole presentation a very organic layered sound. Acoustic guitar you can actually feel the different strings hitting you, drums whacks are heard and felt, electric guitar and bass is very crunchy and sounds just right, vocals are layered and non-fatiguing. From acoustic Alice in Chains to Metallica to Bob Marley this absolutely rocks!

mofojo
My favorite rock speakers were the bose 901 vI once I got the bass locked in. hanging from the ceiling 2'x2'x2' down and in from the corners. driven by a 55wpc realistic receiver.LOL the tens of thousands I've blown trying to match that level of satisfaction with hi end gear. 
I hear ya Steve. Im in the process of sellind many thousands of $s in hifi gear at the moment. Not because I was unhappy but the new lo fi system is in the den with a pool table. No listening chair etc. But yeah I believe my current setup for rock at least is the bees knees. Up to par with the Tektons and Lyngdorf setup I had. Lyngdorf is in Denmark at the moment getting the fading display replaced. Its an amazing peice but didnt push these near as well as the monster crown amp and will be for sale as well. 
years ago I was powering a pair of CV's with a naim nait 3 and whilst the volume seemed to jump quickly with the naits high input sensitivity it very quickly would distort. I wondered incorrectly why the speakers could not handle the 30W or so of the amp, of course what I was needed power and tried a crown power amp and simple mixer as interface....that allowed many, many extra dB's without any sign of clipping.