ZU OMEN speakers 12ohms??

I am looking into the Omen speakers , but the 12 ohms impediance is throwing me off. I have a ss amp 100 watts , 8 ohms and a tube amp 35 watts with 4,8,or 16 ohms . Whats the best way to go ,and how does the 12 ohm figure into this?
cwazz
I don't care what amp you use the Omen's are excellent speakers.They arrived the end of November I broke them in with a tubes and ran them all day everyday for 5 weeks then switched over to a Musical Fidelity A-5 proving that there's nothing like headroom. Yes these speakers play loud or soft. I might consider and upgrade to the Super Fly or Omen Def if someone can prove to me that it's justified.

Really clever marketing on Zu's part to offer them at $999.00 with a no questions asked return policy. Although Music Direct here in Chicago sells them for $999.00 regular price! So anyone considering a purchase should buy from MD not Zu and save $500.00 bucks and the return policy is still in place.
Spainthecat,
Can you give referance to other speakers you can compare the Omens to.
I'm looking at the Superfly, but if these are 90% there, I may concider them and pocket the yen.
Thank you. John
>>01-09-11: Cwazz
"Can we get back to the original question ,,,and has any bought the Omens yet and have a review of them?"<<

I bought the Omens and have probably less than 100 hours on them, so too soon to do an in-depth review.
I drive them with a 2A3 SET in a 12' x 13' room, and I will say that so far I really like them. Definately keepers @ $1,000. I also got the Zu Mission cables during the Christmas blowout sale and they helped quite a bit.
In this room with this amp I have had Klipschorns (too big for the room I'm afraid) and Tekton Katz Meow (last year's model). The Omens and Katz give a different presentation, I could easily live with either, both work very well with SET. The Omens sound bigger, more dynamic. The Katz are smoother, probably a little more holographic. I have yet to side-by-side them, but will soon. I think I'll end up determining that each does some things and some music better than the other.
Hi Zman. I had a friend come over who sent his Superflys back for a refund and he preferred my Omen Defs. I did not do a comparison myself nor have I heard the Omens, but he did prefer them and I am loving mine. Having said that, I was using a bett amp, a larger room, and a better DAC than he was so I am not sure which was the key to the improvement that he noted. He stated that the soundstage was larger, more dynamic, more live sounding (I forgot which audiophile term to use there:)).

Having said that, with the return policy, you don't have much to lose and when I called Zu to ask the same question that you are asking, they just told me to order both and they would take back the loser......I decided against that and am content with the Omens.
Thank you Morganc.
Sounds like a new concideration.
I haven't thought of the Defs.
Cheers