Can you put a Krell in an apartment?

As you see I am a total "goner" living in a cheap apartment with about 50 grand in Audiophile equipment. I am looking at purchasing an old krell "FPB 400 CX" amp that the manufacturer says needs a dedicated 20 amp line. Can you still run this amp off a regular electrical outlet? If you can, will it sound like crap? 
jeffvegas
Quite a lot of nonsense responses here. I suppose a little knowledge is dangerous. As has been alluded to, there should be no problem running the Krell. Regardless of not using all it's available power, the larger Krells sound better than the smaller ones and this alone can justify the purchase. 
As for the 300 watts at idle, this is common in high-end. Most amps draw between 100 to 200 watts at idle with some extremes running to 1200 to 1500 watts. The suggestion that you need to have strong A.C. because of the 300 watt idle is just audiophile lore. If you have a ton of gear, already you have hundreds of watts at idle, the Krell is not going to add that much more. Additionally I have found that you don't need to have the Krell on all the time at any rate. An hour or two turn on before listening will suffice to stabilize the sound quality. Enjoy!