Audioquest vs. Others

I realize that this post will probably open a landslide of responses but my question is focused on the comparison of Audioquest vs other manufacturers. This is not aimed to address power cables or speaker wire but only interconnect cables. Like Audioquest, many brands offer cables in a range of prices....low, medium, high, and super high. My interest is not to compare a lower price/quality cable to one that is far superior but to ask if comparisons have been done within equal price ranges of different brands.

Yes, some systems are capable of distinguishing minute changes in a cable makeup. Some manufacturers even offer a free trial and return policy. I know that. But, in a moderately priced system, are there any opinions that would deter one from using the Audioquest brand vs another brand? Remember....staying in a comparable price range.

jrpnde
I would say that AQ is in the top five.
There is no top anything other than sales volume. Cables are system dependent and what is cheese in one is chalk in another.

Audio Envy
The marketing copy is malarkey. They may sound fine, but not for the reasons they state.
https://youtu.be/PaJhsp_PG90Minute 6:00 AQ Comet and Minute 11:30 AQ Thunderbird.
It is hard to believe that Thunderbird is superior to AQ Wildwood.But between two cables of this video, the diference is really huge
Just my 2 cents worth . Read the white paper on the Analysis Plus website regarding their research into cable geometry . Amplifiers are tested for square wave response . Cables have to pass the same signal, but who tests cables for square wave response ? All music is dynamic and all cables reduce it to one degree or another . I am overjoyed with my silver oval two speaker cables and plan to upgrade to their interconnects when finances allow . NASA bought AP's cable for it's proven performance .
I'm going to throw another recommendation out there. Try Audio Envy cables. They are unique in the market. They are incredible with electrostats! He has a 45 day trial period, so no risk except the few dollhairs of shipping. Ignore the less than stellar website. These are quality, hand-made cables with fantastic tech specs.

https://audioenvy.com/store/
+1  I recently gave these a shot and am seriously impressed.I agree that the website will not inspire confidence in your decision,lol!After verifying myself that several customers did indeed put their much pricier cables up for sale and kept the AEs I had to try them.The ics by themselves are all about the midrange.The addition of two pcs(dac +pre) brought in the highs,bass,and dynamics.They are very slightly lean in my all tubed system,but so transparent,detailed,layered,and 'musical'.
🤔 hmmm..
I’m surprised no one yet praising the virtues of the proprietary AQ battery pack cables??