What Class D amps will drive a 2 ohm load

Just asking.

I see specs into 4 ohms but nothing into difficult speaker loads (like Thiel CS5's).

Thanks for listening, 

Dsper

dsper
Hi Noble100,

I have looked at Merrill Veritas amps but am not quite ready to part with my CJ preamp🤔.

Thanks for listening,

Dsper

Hi atmasphere,

I have been thinking about what you wrote earlier in this thread:
"...all amplifiers regardless of technology have higher distortion into 2 ohms which is audible as increased brightness and harshness. You can see this in the specs (if 2 ohms distortion is even specified, but you can also see it in the 4 ohm spec as opposed to 8). Further complicating matters is the critical nature of the speaker cable, which must be kept very short and also must have a fairly heavy gauge. At that impedance its very easy for the cable to contribute to the overall source impedance seen by the loudspeaker!

In a nutshell, 2 ohm loudspeakers are impractical and the ability to drive a load like that is over-rated..."

So...a couple of layman's questions:

1. Does this mean that differences between interconnects would be more discernible in a system that did not need to handle a 2 ohm load or is it that one would simply hear a different version of "brightness and harshness" ion a less efficient system? Bear in mind that I have never critically listened to a high efficiency system and probably do not understand transparency in the same way that you might.

2. What is your opinion about ten or twelve gauge stranded copper wire as a speaker cable for Thiel CS5's? Is it even audible for ten foot run compared to fourteen or sixteen gauge?

Excuse me for hijacking my thread.

Thanks for listening,

Dsper
For a ten foot run I suspect that difference in gauge may well be audible with a low impedance load like that.
With respect to interconnects- hard to say. The differences I've heard in interconnects are unrelated to brightness caused by increased distortion in amplifiers.
Please join us in welcoming the amp500 to the world. It has been several years since Peachtree has offered an amp only product and...OH BOY...are we back! The amp500 features a staggering 500 watts per channel into 8 ohms and drives speakers all the way down to 2.5 ohms and up to their full potential. It features a custom designed, class-A, input stage and balanced and unbalanced inputs for compatibility with virtually any preamplifier, receiver or integrated amplifier. All housed in the same beautiful chassis as the award-winning nova line.
Suggested Retail Price of the amp500 is $1999, but for a very limited time we are offering it to Peachtree customers exclusively for $1499