Jeff Rowland to what?

I currently own a Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier. I'm curious as to what amplifiers I should listen to below 20K, new or used. I'm not unhappy, but I'm curious. The amp will be driving Monitor Audio PL500 II's. The preamp is a Jeff Rowland Corus.

ricred1

Hello @ricr1,  looks like I missed your old post asking me a comparison of a bridged pair of Rowland M535 with the M625S2...

Unfortunately, as I have no experience with M625 S2, I cannot comment directly on differences in resolution, harmonic rendering, frequency excursion, and audible distortions.

On the other hand, looking at power specifications alone -- bridged M535 delivering about 900w per chassis with 30A peak current per chassis, compared to M625 S2 some 325W / channel, and remembering my original M625 first series, I suspect that M535 might yield a larger stage, images, and authority than M625S2.

It is however reasonable to suspect that M625 S2 would be superior to M535 in Some of the subtler attributes, such as low level resolution and micro dynamics.

Just to give you a totally subjective idea, my bridged pair of M535 delivers some 65% of the resolving power and sublety of my beloved ROwland M925 monos, and some 80% of stage size, at just under 20% of the cost of a pair of M925.... Prety darn good deal, IMO!

Saluti, Guido

and       

I'll be comparing my Rowland 625 S2 amp and Corus preamp to the Vitus Sia 030 and Vitus RI 101 integrated amps.  
ricred1,

Think about you need to invest in your room, acoustic treatment, a BETTER DAC,
because you own a system that many, many people would like to own.
sacresta,

"Think about you need to invest in your room, acoustic treatment, a BETTER DAC, because you own a system that many, many people would like to own."

Thanks for the recommendations and system compliment. You can view my room under virtual systems or by clicking on my username. My room is dedicated and is already treated with GIK Acoustics. 
I have a Chord Dave DAC and have compared it to several others(PS Audio Directstream, Bricasti M1, Jeff Rowland Aeries, Rockna, and a few others) in my system. So far my wife and I have preferred the Dave. I'm always open to other DACs, so please tell me what DAC I should try?