Audio Kinesis Swarm Subwoofer Awarded 2019 Golden Ear Award by Robert E. Greene

Recognizing member and contributor @audiokinesis for this award!!!

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/2019-golden-ear-awards-robert-e-greene/
david_ten
@audiokinesis Also, I just wanted to thank Duke for being so open and upfront about what he does and the products he uses to build the swarm.  Based on his postings, I purchased a pair of the Dayton Audio SA1000 subwoofer amplifiers to try on my Coincident Pure Reference Extreme subwoofer cabinets.  

Over the past year and a half I've struggled mightily to extract bass from these speakers despite using many different amplifiers ranging from 8 - 250 watts (and 300B SET, Class A, OTL, and Digital topologies).  Adding in the Daytons on the subwoofers was a revelation that finally allowed me to hear them as designed. 

I'm using a 25W DIY First Watt F4 (or SIT3) on the head units and the 500W Daytons on the subs and they finally sound like the reference speaker they're supposed to be... and I am not losing imaging coherence as I have in previous attempts at biamping.  The adjustments on the sub amps have allowed me to nicely dial them in for system matching.  Not a ton of Coincident PRE owners out there, but I think anyone with this speaker simply must try out the amps to see what they're missing/getting with their current amplification.  The 45 day trial period makes it risk free.

Thanks for posting Duke, I so appreciate what you bring to the community.
Hello cal3713,

Thanks for the tip on sorting.  Fortunately, it looks like today everything's back in normal order.  Maybe it was just an IT issue that they fixed.
     I'm glad you got your Coincident sub cabinets working and integrated well with your main speakers.
     If you have the time and inclination, I'd suggest that even higher quality bass performance and more seamless integration with your main speakers can be obtained by adding 2 subs to your system.  All you'd need to create a custom 4-sub distributed bass array (DBA) system in your room is to use 2 additional subs with 10 or 12" drivers and position each using the crawl method.  The main obvious benefits would be greater bass detail, impact and dynamics along with a seamless integration with your main speakers.  
     The 4-sub DBA concept works incredibly well in virtually any room and with any pair of main speakers.  I know you'd be very pleased and amazed if you give it a try.

The "Earl Geddes" effect done right is just SPOOKY! It takes all of your rooms weakness's and makes them work against each other push/pull, Yeng Yang, Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars. Good bass is not just about pounding AC/DC although it can do it right. More importantly it will bring your highs, mids, and sound stage depth to a new level. Like plannars Maggies or Soundlab stats done right. It is just hypnotic and SOOOOO much better. Im trying to get that with Kinergetics SW 800s right now and asking for advice. But I will be using 26 10 inch woofers instead of 4. I have heard the Audio Kinnesis system and it is simply amazing. I just happen to like AC/DC and hate my neighbors Haha. 
To follow up on Duke's post, we did feature the Gingko Audio Sextet at CAF earlier this month.  We gave a demo to illustrate the effect of the Swarm concept by just playing the monitors first in a large conference room (35x22x10), then adding two subs (one powered and one passive), then another two, playing the same music track.  The effect was very noticeable by all attendees.  Here are some impressions that were posted about the rooms (we had two rooms at the show, the bigger showcased the Sextet):
“Gingko Audio had for me, the most realistic soundstage with their Sextet speakers that include 2 monitor speakers and 4 subs in a swarm arrangement. Excellent imaging, and the bass was spot on.” Rusty on Audio Circle

“There were two rooms running Ginko speakers and both systems were very good sounding. One was a $10,000 system running in one of the big rooms which sounded beautifully balanced, natural, and relaxed, without sounding lifeless. The small stand-mounted speaker in another room (I think it was $3,000) sounded very good too-very well balanced and natural sounding.” Larryi on Steve Hoffman Forum

“Gingko audio had small speakers in a small room and bigger speakers in a big room. I only spent a small amount of time in each room, but they both accomplished the naturalness and dimensionality that hits me hardest when it's there and leaves me least engaged when it's not.” willsw on Super Best Audio Friends

Thanks to Duke again for his very generous sharing of his expertise in designing the Sextet subs, kind of a Mini-Swarm version.

Vinh Vu

Gingko Audio