What speaker for being close to rear wall?

I'm looking for a speaker that would excel, not just tolerate, being near the rear wall. It needs to be within 12 inches. Don't worry about cost. Also I recently tried Audio Notes so you can leave those off the suggestion list.I don't have symmetrical defined corners. :(

Thanks!

Mike
mmike84
Front wall , is the wall in front of the listener , I thought this was put to rest in years ago .
I am using a set of Joseph InWall speakers in my main system and they are working very well. I have them teamed up with an old NHT SubOne i and I find the sound very satisfying. Not quite as satisfying as my Vienna Acoustics Beethovens that are siting in storage now but very good none the less.

Cheers,
Jim
I don't have symmetrical defined corners.

AN speakers do not necessarily have to be placed in the corners. I know several folks who use their ANs (and Snells) in the middle of a long wall. You will have to play with toe in, and the placment from the back wall might need to be tweaked for each speaker to even out the sound at your listening position.

It sound like you have a less than optimal room. Welcome t the club. There are no perfect solutions (other than building yourself a more perfect room). I think that you are either going t have to accept some compramise in sound or speaker placement. Or you can try to correct for the the room acoustics digitally via a Tact or some other room correction device. That's not my cup of tea, but it's an option.
Br3098- Thanks for your input.

I've tried both of those. Couldn't get AN's to sound good. They were flat. 2 dimensional. The dealer wants to try again but they just didn't sound right in my room.

A while back I tried an electronic room correction device. I also decided that was not my cup of tea.