$27,500 for whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

$27,500 is a nice chunk of change, even in the audiophile world.  I think we can all agree on this.  You can get a pretty kick ass system for that amount.  I think we can all agree on this, too.  I just read something at stereophile.com that almost...almost made me choke on my triscuit.   Luckily for me, I had water ready to go, knowing how dry those things are.  $27,500 is the price for a paint upgrade, a color called cranberry pearl finish on a pair of speakers made by Wilson, the Chronosonic XVX.   Now, when we hear the name Wilson, we all know what that means.   But come on man,  $27,500 for a paint upgrade. 
shtinkydog
Chances are if you are paying $850k retail for a pair speakers, Wilson will probably waive the special paint up change to make you feel you got an excellent deal. 
Yes but this is Wilson Audio. Anyone in the market for one of their monstrosities already is so full of money its long since backed up from the bank account to the wallet and clogged their brain function to Ridgemont High stoner level 7. To us normal folk $27k is enough money to buy a whole awesome system, or premium paint AND PCCB on a Porsche Turbo S, but to the uber rich its annoying almost beyond words even to have to be asked. Like, just paint the damn thing already and by the way why aren't they set up? What's taking so long?
This is just to make their customers feel extra special and the commoners feel humble. I couldn’t even paint a stamp on my speakers.
Post removed