Ohm Walsh Talls and amplification

Ok, I am perplexed and I would appreciate any feedback you can give me. I am interested in getting a pair of Ohm Tall speakers. Initially (based off from Steve Guttenberg's and Zeos' reviews) i assumed that the 2000s were the ones for me. I don't see where Zeos' or Steve's rooms are any bigger than mine but, I measure the square footage of my room last night and it's only 353 square feet! Zeos himself even said that the 1000s were the correct size for his room, but he just wanted to go bigger. So, my first question is: Can you use a bigger Ohm Tall than what your room requires (as Zeos does)? Also, these speakers seem to love power. Steve drove his with a Mytek amp and a big Pass Labs amp. I cannot afford  Pass Labs and, the Mytek...well, I *could* maybe swing that but, Zeos uses a pair of Crown amps that are not made for audio but for DJs and live entertainers, etc. Obviously, he's very happy with the results. I finally did call John Strohbeen and he confirmed that the Talls love power... he suggested Mytek, Peachtree, certain NAD models, and Emotiva as affordable amps that have good results. I then asked him about Zeos using the Crown amps and he said, "Yeah, that's another way to go that's very affordable." I asked him if the sound was good and he said, "Yeah, it sounds good. In fact, we used something like Crown that here in our factory for quite a while." So, my second question is: what success have you had in the way of amplification with your Ohm Talls? 
128x128redstarwraith

Just a couple of points....

If you do the math, the 2000's will need about around 24 watts for you to experience a sound level of 86db at a listening position about 10' back from the speakers...ok...now lets add some safety factor...say 6 db for peaks and you are at 100 watts....and nothing wrong with having more than 100 watts...more is safer than less.  If you listen louder than 86 db...then add more watts....if you listen lower...then still stick with 100.

Now, as to the Crowns....since a number of the guitar stores sell them with a 60 day return...you can try them easily.  Here is my impression of the XLS2000 which I owned for a while....powerful low end but not detailed....massive soundstage in width but zero depth....ever so slightly bright on the top end....slightly brighter in the midrange.....overall sound presentation is forward and not laid back.  Pretty good sound for under $500 but if you are willing to spend more, you can do a lot better, especially if detail and soundstage matter.

But, since it is so easy to try them and get something else....Nuprime, PS Audio, CherryAmp, VanAlstine....there are tons of choices (and you don't need to spend a ton)....and see what you think when you have them side by side.  Since almost everything is returnable these days, you can't really make a bad choice and no matter what any of us tell you...you can't really know without trying it in your system and listening the way you listen!!
I recently went from a SS class a/b amp (Odyssey Stratos upgraded to Kismet Reference) which died to a class D, Arion Audio S500 for my 2000s.  I couldn't be happier.

While I have great respect for John Strohbeen, I disagree with him on a few points.  Rather than place my 2000s close to the front walls, I pull them out into the room a bit.  I do run them with a pair of Vandy subs, though.  Also, while John likes to point out that his speakers sound good with low or mid to fi gear, and they do, IME, they will sound better with better gear.  Every upstream upgrade I have made has improved the sound of the ohms, and not in a subtle way.  So, go with the best amp you can afford now, but upgrade when you can.  I think you'll be glad you did.
@bondmanp your Odyssey died? Don't they have like, an insane warranty? BTW, I have heard nothing but rave reviews about Odyssey gear so I'm really surprised you prefer class D over the Odysseys! Was you Kismet not powerful enough for your 2000s? 
I have a set of Ohm 1000s that I run with a Bel Canto C5i. As mapman noted, this is 60 watts/channel, BUT that is at 8 ohms. The C5i doubles its power output at 4 ohms which is indicative of a very good power supply. My Ohms are 6 ohm nominal loads, which means I have about 90 watts available to power them. I'm not a headbanger in terms of volume.  I have a sound level meter and the mid-80 dB range is very loud for me. I have no problem reaching that level cleanly. I'm very happy with my system.