What is wrong with audiophiles?

Something that has happened countless times happened again last night. Ordinary people over for a party listening to some music easily hear things audiophiles argue endlessly don't even exist. Oh, its worse even than that- they not only easily hear but are stunned and amazed at what they hear. Its absolutely clearly obvious this is not anything they ever were expecting, not anything they can explain- and also is not anything they can deny. Because its so freaking obvious! Happens every time. Then I come on here and read one after another not only saying its impossible, but actually ridiculing people for the audacity of reporting on the existence of reality.

Okay, concrete examples. Easy demos done last night. Cable Elevators, little ceramic insulators, raise cables off the floor. There's four holding each speaker cable up off the floor. Removed them one by one while playing music. Then replaced them. Music playing the whole time. First one came out, instant the cable goes on the floor the guy in the sweet spot says, "OH! WTF!?!?!"

Yeah. Just one. One by one, sound stage just collapses. Put em back, image depth returns.

Another one? Okay.

Element CTS cables have Active Shielding, another easy demo. Unplug, plug back in. Only takes a few seconds. Tuning bullets. Same thing. These are all very easy to demo while the music is playing without interruption. This kills like I don' know how many birds with one stone. Auditory memory? Zero. Change happens real time. Double blind? What could be more double blind than you don't know? Because nobody, not me, not the listener, not one single person in the room, knows exactly when to expect to hear a change- or what change to expect, or even if there would be any change to hear at all. Heck, even I have never sat there while someone did this so even I did not know it was possible to hear just one, or that the change would happen not when the Cable Elevator was removed but when the cable went down on the floor.

We're talking real experience here people. No armchair theorizing. What real people really hear in real time playing real music in a real room.

I could go on. People who get the point will get the point. People who ridicule- ALWAYS without ever bothering to try and hear for themselves!- will continue to hate and argue.

Something almost all audiophiles insist on, its like Dogma 101, you absolutely always must play the same "revealing" track over and over again. Well, I never do this. Used to. Realized pretty quickly though just how boring it is. Ask yourself, which is easier to concentrate on- something new and interesting? Or something repetitive and boring? You know the answer. Its silly even to argue. Every single person in my experience hears just fine without boring them to tears playing the same thing over and over again. Only audiophiles subject themselves to such counterproductive tedium.

What is wrong with audiophiles????
128x128millercarbon
I want Floyd Toole to come to my house too. He was really great in Lawrence of Arabia. 
@millercabon: you keep addressing to "audiophiles". Please realize that what you are talking to, and debating with, are not audiophiles. They are anti-audiophiles. They are in a mission.

Just ask them to show you their system. You will see....
@millercarbon: you keep addressing to "audiophiles". Please realize that what you are talking to, and debating with, are not audiophiles. They are anti-audiophiles. They are in a mission.

Just ask them to show you their system. You will see....

I know. As previously stated this is trolling on a Trumpian scale. Maybe its the to them unrecognizable adjective that let that one sail right over their heads. Like Drax in Guardians, "Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it." Then each and every one of them gets served a Michelin Three Star plate of Crow, to which they are as oblivious as Jake and Elwood having a food fight, "The little girl! How much for the little girl!" Only thing, Drax, Jake, and Elwood, they all have a sense of humor. Only thing these guys have a sense of is- well, nothing. Not one single thing.

At this point there's really only two things left to say. That I can think of for now anyway. And if I may suspend trolling operations for a moment, there really are some here who are genuine audiophiles in the truest sense of the word. Duke, Tim, Frank, David, Michael, and a few more I'm sorry to say aren't coming to mind right now. You know who you are. These guys are all audiophiles in the truest sense of the word because of the way they listen, think, analyze, and always seek both to learn, and to share what they have learned. They are also way more kind and tolerant of, let me just say the full spectrum. I've learned a lot from all of them, and really appreciate it.

Unfortunately they are a tiny minority. Which on the one hand is to be expected. In any field only a tiny minority ever reaches anywhere near the top of the heap. But that's not what I mean. Its not simply a question of competence or knowledge. Nor is it anything to do with money or systems or anything like that. The problem is like that guy said in the recent article, coming off like a snide know-it-all engineer. Putting one-upmanship on a pedestal while showing music a cold shoulder.

At least for the time of this thread they are drawn like flies to road-kill. Another one destined to sail right over their heads. 

Oh well. More time they spend insulting each other here the less they have to pollute the other threads.

Hey GK, it looks like Miller is doing your market research for you. He was nice enough to identify your target market. Have at it buddy!
I'm pretty sure those are my anti-customers. But thanks anyway. 🤑

Every crowd has a silver lining. - Old tweak-maker axiom

Without blanket product promotion something terrible happens. Nothing.

How do I feel to have to come here? Does it help to have someone to talk to? I think I felt better when I was locked up in the hospital. 🤡