New Joseph Audio Pulsar Graphene 2

Just wanted to update my prior thread where this topic may have gotten lost.  As many of you may know by now, Joseph Audio has come out with the new Pulsar Graphene 2. This new iteration of the venerable Pulsars has a graphene coated magnesium midrange-woofer cone, and the drive motor, suspension system, etc., have been revamped. From what I have been told, the upgrade is pretty significant ... the sound is fuller and has greater ease, yet is very resolved. Jeff Joseph advises that an upgrade path will be available for existing owners of the Pulsars, too. Also, note that the price quoted in the Soundstage piece was in Canadian dollars ... Jeff informs me that the price in USD is $8,999 per pair. I am eager to hear the new Pulsars.
rlb61
I had spent considerable time auditioning the Devore Super 9 (IMO better sounding than Orangutan). Devore speakers are great esp with how they handle midrange and human voice, sort of like Harbeth kind of way. However, Devore is not a speaker for people whose music taste is all over the map. Playing fast paced music showed that it is constrained when it comes to macro dynamics, bit flat sounding (it has BIG bass though) esp if you are playing rock or pop music. In that regard newer Harbeth 40th Anniversaries are a better match.

The new Joseph floorstanders sounds more neutral. I need to spend time with them to give a better opinion. Soon!
https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/10/10/the-occasional-podcast-s3e3-jeff-joseph-of-joseph-audio-an...

Good interview with Jeff Joseph from around 23mins in.

He keeps his cards close to his chest (esp regarding assembly techniques) but his story is interesting and seems analogous to the one of John DeVore.

radiohead,

I look forward to reading about your experience with the new Perspectives. I hope I’m in a position to send mine in for the upgrade some time in the next year. But I’m sure enjoying this original pair.

The Perspectives are certainly dynamic. I especially hear this with drummers, where I’m made aware of their emphasis, slamming the bass drum harder for this shot, cymbal splashes jumping out with energy.

Interesting what you say about the Devore Super 9s (as those were on my list to audition - never did) being dynamically restrained and not great for all types of music. I would have thought the opposite (and I think I’ve seen at least one reviewer who felt the opposite).

The JA speakers maintain their signature clarity and ease no matter how complex the music becomes, or as the volume increases. I was actually a bit worried that I’d find them a tad bright and opt for lower volume listening. It’s been completely the opposite. They are so relaxed and pure sounding that I find myself playing them louder, without ears bothering me, than any speaker I’ve owned before.
--------------

riaa,

I myself was tormented in choosing between the JA and the Devore O speakers, so I can completely understand why someone would move from one to the other. The Devores excel in a sense of palpable "in room" texture, density and palpability.

Does anybody know if there is a Joseph Audio dealer in South Florida? Thanks. 
I was recently informed by a well known speaker designer that the reason graphene and other new coatings are being used is to
keep the cones themselves from self destructing. So now you will be
paying more so the product you buy lasts longer. Okay some logic there but let's not fall for the 'Improved SQ' claims.