Can the Harbeth 40.1's boggie ?????

I am not looking for ear shattering volume - but everything I have read ( and no, where I live I cannot listen to them )but I am considering them. But, can they play some rock and roll and get out of their own way ???? Reviewers and owners have noted that they sound great at low volume levels - and they have an '' organic natural sound '' - that's great but can they play Lynard Skynard, some Allman Brothers and god forbid some Grateful Dead that well - like they advertise -sounds like real music ??? I also listen to Eva Cassidy, The Eagles, Jackson Browne, Pat Methany, JJ Cale and most of all The Beatles ....and why do see so many of them for sale ??? Ummmmm.....
garebear
Is the 14' the width ? that is not enough spread.
Ideally, the m40s should be 9 feet-10 feet apart with some room left on each sides of the speakers.
Thanks Nolitan.....well I'm close - but there is still something very uninvolving about them.
IMO, you would be better of with vintage speakers given the list of artist you listen to..Tannoys/JBLs/Altecs rather than Harbeths..Cheaper as well..Avalons over Harbeths /no brainer again my opinion
I guess it depends on the sound that you want. Missioncoonery made a good point on vintage speakers. FWIW my friend who owns the 40.1 actually has another pair of Altec Lansing Valencia in a 2nd system. He got the Altecs so that he can have the best of both worlds. The Altecs gave him the raw, forward and live sound but severely lacked the detail and refinement of the Harbeths. The Altecs were also brighter in comparison and tonality were not as accurate as the Harbeth. The Harbeths gave him the smooth, composed and refined sound but lacked the big and life like presentation of the Altecs. One cannot have everything in one package that does it all.

....at 53, I don't need the SPL levels of a rock concert in my home. The Tannoy's are a very reputable company and make great speakers. The Harbeth's are not a bad speaker...I guess that I just expected more for the cost, the reveiws and the hype associated with them. Art Dudley loved them.....