Types of speakers to create nightclub style sound?

Admittedly, this may come off as an unsophisticated post for audiophiles, but I'm seeking advice nonetheless. 

I have a house with an open floorplan and love entertaining. I'm looking to create the auditory feeling of a high-end nightclub at home, as opposed to having a setup with the goal of creating a single ideal listening point. After traveling to Ibiza and hearing some of the world's best nightclub sound systems I fell in love with how they bathe you in sound. Since I can't fit a Funktion One Dance Stack in my home, I'm curious as to what I should look for in the home audio realm to recreate that feeling of filling a room with powerful sound that isn't super directional. 

With a total initial budget of about 4-6k (1k - 3k for a pair of speakers), what qualities should I begin looking for to create this sort of system? I'm thinking used higher-end speakers might be a better solution. 

I've noticed a few different categories of sorts: some speakers have a single driver with a wide-range, like the Zu Audio Soul, while others have several for different drivers, like B&W 603. I absolutely loved the line-source sound from Martin Logan ESL speakers, but their directionality is exactly the opposite of what I want. Moving 2 feet to the left or right of their line of fire made it sound like the music was coming from the next room over. I live in Los Angeles, so there are plenty of used, good quality, higher-end speakers circulating in the marketplace. Can anybody offer a little guidance to narrow my search for what sort of speakers/amp combination might best accomplish this? 
perplexy
Klipsch La Scalas were in nearly all of the clubs I frequented back in the day and would serve you well.
Klipschorns if you have the funds and want to utilise corners.My Zu Soul Superfly's really rock too.Enjoy your mission and don't forget to report back!
If you are looking for a "club" sound, then get the speakers that many clubs and bars used. Two common brands out there are MTX and Audio Acoustics. I have a pair of 4 or 5-way Audio Acoustics speakers which have 12" woofers and they can rattle the house as well as produce full-bodied pleasing sound. Another consideration is the amplifier. Like most clubs, power is essential and a P.A. amp would fit the bill. For a real vintage sound, if you want stereo, get a pair of P.A. tube amps.
NIce question ! My 2 c, o JBL, lovely open sound very much club like, stay away from harsh Bose !
I feel like electronic management of sound plays a role! Echo, reverberation, delay, mixing (and smoke) play all a role.

Get friendly to a DJ
Nice idea.  I SUGGEST:  call one of LA's big audio designers who do clubs in town.  You can certainly find a club in LA.  They will probably advise you to get commercial-level units from a major manufacturer (I am personally NOT a fan of bose, but whatever...) and will be able to visit YOUR ROOM and suggest what and WHERE to place speakers.

Pay them for this advice as it is critical to not buying a bunch of random items and HOPING they sound good IN YOUR ROOM, which is much more important than the items you buy. (I would bet I could use a few old Minimus 7 Radio Shack speakers and a woofer or two and do a good job there, but that is another discussion.)

I realize posters have nothing but good intentions with their personal suggestions, but we are dealing with YOUR ROOM, not theirs.  Loud, distorted music gives people headaches, especially when paired with alcohol.

Like in many parts of life, size is NOT the critical variable--the quality of clear sound IN YOUR ROOM at high volume is most important.  Do not leave this to chance.  Spend a few hundred getting a professional survey and then spend your thousands.

Cheers, and happy partying!