Full-range/horn loaded on a budget?

I'm desperate to find a full-range driver, horn loaded designed, wood cabinet speaker in the next week or two. I'm depressed since having to sell my beloved Horning Agathon Ultimates and not being able to enjoy my music. I need speakers. Something to get me by for now but still satisfy my spoiled ears. I was set to purchase the Zu Omen (Standard or Def) but disappointingly they don't have stock and build time is 4-6 weeks. That's frustrating because it's rare that I find something I like so quick - aesthetic wise. I can see that kind of wait for $10K speakers, but $1500?

Let me know your suggestions for $2800 and under. I have a few brands in mind but would like to hear from others who have possibly owned/auditioned various ones.

-
sakahara
You might try The Hornshoppe:

http://www.thehornshoppe.com/index.html

I have no idea if owner Ed Schilling keeps stock on hand, but his speakers have an extremely enthusiastic following, assuming you don't mind spending a lot less than $2800.

Or, pick up some used Zu's; I see Druids and Soul Superflys posted on this site.

Duke
There are some Jaton A&V-803 Floorstanding Speakers slightly over your budget. Awesome speakers that aren't too demanding for most tube amps, including more powerful SETs. These are better then ANY of Zu offering.
I had a pleasure comparing those side by side to Druids and Presents and they were more open, balanced, fuller then Zu. They also image like crazy and had wider, deeper soundstage. The only reason I did not buy those, was high asking price (list). So, I ordered Omens on promo for $999 (which play in my room for over 2 weeks now). Great little speaker with unbelievable bass and value. But I am patiently awaiting Tekton Lore speakers from Eric for comparison reasons......something that have been trying to setup for over a month or so.
Anyway, here are my 2c and good luck with your venture.
(no affiliation with any of Jaton sellers)
I am a huge Klipsch fan and could suggest plenty of models for your needs and budget. I have a pair of RF-63's($2000.00/pair msrp) in natural cherry that are the smoothest 2-way speakers I have ever heard. Plenty of bass with very detailed mids and highs. Mate them with neutral/warm gear and they will give speakers that are twice the cost a run for their money, IMO.

Other models:

2-way with horn mid/tweeter:

RF-7 II's($3198.00/pair msrp brand new with rave reviews)
RF-83's($2798.00 msrp)

3-way with horn mid and horn tweeter:

KLF-20's/30's(used $500.00 to $900.00)
Forte, Forte II, Chorus II(used $400.00 to $800.00)

Of course these suggested are not in the price class as your Horning's but for the nominal amount of $$$(in comparison), they will do a darn good job.

Bill
Mstark,

I had a pleasure comparing those side by side to Druids and Presents and they were more open, balanced, fuller then Zu. They also image like crazy and had wider, deeper soundstage

What speaker is called Presents?
listen i'd wait for the zu omen def's. at $1800 Sean say better than the druids an a mini method so that tells me alot
. free shipping money back 60 day , do the math , McFly