The science of opinion ...

Some may find this interesting (it is).

Some may find this threatening (it isn't, it is science).

Some may read it and use it to help them understand the dynamics of internet forums.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0078433
atdavid
Unfortunately elizabeth,
I feel that many on this forum are too scared to read scientific articles. They are not the safe space they are looking for.

How big is the horse calculator? It has to be able to withstand lots of force.
The big super robust calcs were getting damaged regardless, so we decided to start training hummingbirds to use teeny tiny calculators.

Unfortunately elizabeth,
I feel that many on this forum are too scared to read scientific articles. They are not the safe space they are looking for.
Objection your honor! Obvious projection!

~~~~~~~

I know plenty of people who have nothing to do with science and have towering capacities for logical deduction and reasoning.

Quality minds are not exclusive to engineering or scientific endeavor.
Post removed 
atdavid
I am not making claims (for the most part), though I may be refuting claims.
You’ve made plenty of claims here, some of them especially absurd.
I am quite certain of something, if someone is spending real money to set up the acoustics for a professional studio, they certainly aren’t going to be hiring geoffkait, not thyname, and sorry teo_audio, but outside your sphere of influence, not you either.
There are about 7.7 billion people in the world, but somehow you are "quite certain" that none - absolutely no one! - would engage these folks for help.
The burden of proof has always been on the one making the claim ... "Trust me" ... only gets you so far.
This is not a scientific group, it’s a hobbyist’s group. No one here owes you documentation of anything. As for the "trust me" part - that’s applies to you, too.
It is totally totally weird how easy it is to set up something approaching a controlled situation for proving claims (and increasing sales) in audio, and yet no one does. I don’t mean most don’t do it, I don’t mean it is not done very often, I mean well never
It isn’t really clear what you’re saying here, but you’re completely mistaken if you believe that setting up a valid controlled scientific listening test is easy. Those that I’ve seen conduct such tests go to great lengths to ensure their validity.

But of course, that isn’t quite what you said, you said it’s easy to set up a test that’s "approaching a controlled situation." Such a test isn’t scientific at all, of course, so its value is no better than the sighted tests that you decry.

Once again, we have a contributor here who pleads with others to conduct the sort of listening tests he himself refuses to do. What’s with that? Beware the audio guru.