Heavy power cord

I purchased a signal power cord... with it plugged into my SVS sub woofer  there's definitely a difference...
I can't seem to keep it plugged in due to its weight...any suggestion?
alfonz
Just curious how much audible difference it made to use the cord. Considering that you might have a 1/0 awg. cable connected to number 10 or smaller gauge romex in the walls. Most homes are lucky to even get past 14 awg. Treatment.
This is one of the easiest things to test. Simply listen with everything laying on the floor. Then listen with everything propped up off the floor. Literally anything that will hold them up will do. Paper or plastic cups, pieces of wood or plastic, books, carbon fiber, string. Anything. Just try it. Trying and hearing beats guessing and spreading false information, but only by about a million times. In my opinion.

Frankly it never crossed my mind to even test this. What I did notice though is that reasonably relaxed (long enough cable, any, actually) sounds better than stretched/tight one. Never experimented with lifting the cord off the ground. It is probable that vibrations from the floor catch the cable. However they can transfer through equipment, too. So, what's best solution anyway? Dampening cable holders, I'd guess?

However the thread was about plug unplugging because of cable weight, right?
I wish all components had removable power cords. I unplug, move, relocate, loan, ... makes it so much easier to move without cords.

so I want something that stays connected but easily disconnects. 

my Cayin A88T integrated amp has a removable power cord, nice connector, but so heavy it could potentially fall out. Now, I push it back so the wall behind keeps it from moving in playing position.

I would think of some kind of cable tie, velcro strap, that you could fasten somewhere on the equipment, and fasten/unfasten to the cord readily. 

First of all I'd like to personally thank all the members who participated in this thread and all the suggestions....
Yesterday evening I was contacted by the power cord manufacturer, he said there were others who had the same problem and his solution was quite simple...I was told to wrap a layer of electrical tape around the connector, this would snug the fitting tight "problem solved ".....
Happy Again!
BTW 
To answer (cesoj) ,question..
The sub's plugged into a  Pangea Audio Quattro Power Center....
I added isolation feet to de couple from hardwood floors and the addition of the power cord, gives me a tighter/cleaner bass response ...
Alfonz 
Post removed