need recommendations for standmount speakers

Hi guys.

I’m looking for new standmount speakers. Budget is up to 3k but can stretch if needed. 

My current setup in my small bedroom (about 3x3m size) is as follows:

Cambridge Audio cxn v2
Benchmark dac3b
Benchmark hpa4
Benchmark ahb2
B&W 606 on b&w stav 24 stands
Rel t7i

Music is from tidal/roon and I have done REW on this setup. Somehow feels like something is missing.. I can’t pinpoint what exactly, but perhaps lacking some weight in the mids..

I’ve tried the Buchardt S400 for a month before eventually returning them. Although very good speakers, I felt they lacked a bit of high end sparkle. I preferred the top end of the b&w.

Unfortunately, I can’t have the speakers more than 20 cm from the back wall. They’re about 5 feet apart.

Any recommendations for new speakers? I was considering the B&W 705 s2, Dynaudio Special 40 and Focal Aria 906. Home demo is pretty hard to arrange where I’m at.
128x128docroasty
I have had the KEF R3s with the KEF R400B subwoofer for about a year. I think the combination is great. I have not heard most of the other speakers mentioned in this thread so I cant give you a comparison. I have the R3s in piano black to match the sub, they are very well made and beautiful. I power them with a Yamaha AS2100 and it seams to be a good match. I'm shopping for a new TT and cartridge, that should make it even better. They have a very natural sound alone.  For my taste the sub was necessary and is adjustable. Soundstage is very good, instrumentals such as jazz and classical are extremely clear. Vocals also are excellent. I'm very happy, let me know if you need any further info.
Theres a pair of R300 for $900 on Audiomart or Audiogon, I can’t remember where I saw them...

The new Wharfedale Evo 4.2 may be something to consider.  The Wharfedales may be my next purchase.  I heard the floorstanding version at RMAF this year and they were fantastic.  Great build quality and very extended, sparkly highs.  Fairly wide sweet spot also.  The venner on the cabinets is really nice looking!
Thank you for the Wharfedale suggestion. My last speaker from them were the Diamond 9.1. The 4.2 I've just found out are available to audition. So will be adding that to my list during my walkabout. Thanks! 
Hey AudioTroy

So you are saying Quad ribbons are better than the AMT tweeters  like the ones used by Martin Logan motions and Elac Carina etc.?
I just wanted to give a quick update.

No more speaker recommendations needed for now as I’ll have my work cut out for me trying to demo some of the speakers above.

Yesterday i managed to audition the Dynaudio Special 40 again.

The Dyn S40 was hooked up to a Hegel 190, with the same speaker cables as my own (chord epic) and similar stands. The speakers were about 10 cm away from back wall and in a small cove ie not much space to right and left of speakers. Speakers placed about 5 ft apart. Room was smaller than my own.

Wow! I was blown away. These are some pretty amazing speakers.. So dynamic. Very clear highs. Super sweet vocals. I seriously thought there was a subwoofer connected, because the bass was just so deep, full, punchy and textured.

Hegel volume display was at 60 so I think lots more headroom to go, but speakers were already plenty loud.

If this is the first speaker in the list.. I really hope the rest of the speakers are just as good.

Price for new is around usd3240. Grey cabinet..

In the same showroom I saw the new Confidence line. They’re really huge speakers! Much bigger in real life than I thought, with the price to match.