Budget Tube Amp (newbie)

I'm new to tube amps. I need some advice as to a good budget tube amp with good bass that will push my large Advent speakers. Please keep in mind that I don't know anything about tube amps and don't want to pull the trigger until I can get some advice. I'm new to the Forum. Many thanks from an old guy.
Best regards,
Rob
shutupuface
I owned Large Advents for 20+ years and used them with a variety of SS and tube amps. My experience is this:

1)  If you've never upgraded the crossovers, this is the place to start. There are way better components available now than when HK designed those speakers, and it's drop dead easy to do the upgrade. You'll be amazed at the difference.

2) Large Advents need at least 30W/ch if you play them at any volume above background. So while I love and own Decware, only the Torii Jr and above will work, and that's out of your budget.

3) The ST70 or its variants is a perfectly good choice, but you'll need a preamp. As the CR1020 has preamp outs, it would work fine. My first tube amp was an ST70, and I used the preamp section of my NAD 7140 to drive it. You can move up to a dedicated preamp if you like the direction you're heading.

4) If I was in your position today, I'd get the Rogue Cronus in a hot minute. It's a quality unit and will enable you to get a taste of tubes at a very low cost and if you don't like it, you can resell it at very little loss.

Have fun with this! I eventually sold my Advents for more than I paid for them, and that was after 20+ years of enjoyment. Good luck on your journey!
Don't overthink it. Look for something that you can sell for about what you pay. Don't consider anything glittery and new that will drop in value overnight. Regardless of what you hear on these forums, sound quality has not had the quantum jump that some would lead you to believe.
When I had Big advents, many years ago, my Marantz 8B had way more power than necessary. That's a 35 watt a side EL34 unit that's a collectible legend of relatively undistinguished sonics. I've had a couple of those and Model 5's. Great look but way overvalued.

Honestly, my Dynaco ST-35 was a fine match for those speakers. You can find a modestly priced 20wpc unit of some strip pretty easily used. Those that have suggested a mid-priced tube integrated are giving you good advice. Don't jump into the deep end of decreasing returns. A good integrated should give you the essence of what you're looking for.