Budget Tube Amp (newbie)

I'm new to tube amps. I need some advice as to a good budget tube amp with good bass that will push my large Advent speakers. Please keep in mind that I don't know anything about tube amps and don't want to pull the trigger until I can get some advice. I'm new to the Forum. Many thanks from an old guy.
Best regards,
Rob
shutupuface
Don’t throw out the ST-70 idea just yet . I loved them as well in the 70’s when a couple of college friends had them and I didn’t. There are a number of good options mentioned above for both Tubes Amps and Tube Integrated. I decided on a used Ultra-valve and could not be happier . Frank Van Alstine is a gem to speak with as well . The idea of building one ( as easy as it sounds) or rebuilding an older one just didn’t appeal to me as unfortunately most of my electrical projects have ended up with a number of do-overs . I am sure I would have said the same positive comments if I bought the RM-10 or a Will Vincent model . All wonderful sounding AMPS that wont break the budget and can be worked on if there is a problem by any number of technicians. Parts are readily available. I also have a Rogue - solid state as an alternate that sounds completely different and I like it to.

I rotate speakers that have all sounded very good with the ST-70 clone . Crites updated Klipsch Heresy 1’s, B&W 602 v3 and Sonus Faber Concerto’s . All reasonably priced and sound very different from one another . All bought second hand and most on AGON . Many great people here on the forum and a number with harsh opinions. 

As long as what you purchase is working properly and in good condition it will sound wonderful . Maybe you will head down the path many of us have with seeking constant upgrades. Some of which aren’t actually upgrades to our ears based on the system we put them in. 

Through experience I have found cables are a tough road and certainly can make a big difference. So does your power source. Make sure your vinyl is clean and your stylus is fresh . Sit back and enjoy the music.

I owned Large Advents for 20+ years and used them with a variety of SS and tube amps. My experience is this:

1)  If you've never upgraded the crossovers, this is the place to start. There are way better components available now than when HK designed those speakers, and it's drop dead easy to do the upgrade. You'll be amazed at the difference.

2) Large Advents need at least 30W/ch if you play them at any volume above background. So while I love and own Decware, only the Torii Jr and above will work, and that's out of your budget.

3) The ST70 or its variants is a perfectly good choice, but you'll need a preamp. As the CR1020 has preamp outs, it would work fine. My first tube amp was an ST70, and I used the preamp section of my NAD 7140 to drive it. You can move up to a dedicated preamp if you like the direction you're heading.

4) If I was in your position today, I'd get the Rogue Cronus in a hot minute. It's a quality unit and will enable you to get a taste of tubes at a very low cost and if you don't like it, you can resell it at very little loss.

Have fun with this! I eventually sold my Advents for more than I paid for them, and that was after 20+ years of enjoyment. Good luck on your journey!