Klipsch speaker choices

Hello,
First post here but long time 2 channel guy. 

I currently have a system with Klipsch RF3 speakers and a crossover with stereo subs.  Sound is good but I think the highs and mids are still a bit edgy.  Bought a Schiit Aegir with passive preamp and see vast improvement.  All my interconnects and speaker wire have also been upgraded. I just listened to the RF7 iii but very briefly.  Initial impression is it was more laid back but I am wondering how that speaker sounds vs the Heritage box speakers.  I will probably listen to the Heresy 4 first but wondering if there is a difference in sound between the tower and the box speakers. 

I also have read about the Tekton speakers but am hesitant since I can't listen to them.  It is all over the place opinion wise about the Tektons.  The Klipsch Heresy are within driving distance for an audition.  They will have several models to listen to if I talk myself into going further up the cost ladder.  Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. 
128x128daledeee1
Post removed 
I have not heard the Cornwall IV, but I owned the Cornwall III.  I prefer Forte III due to its having LESS cabinet resonance.  I even preferred the Heresy III over the Cornwall III because of this reason. (The Heresy would NEED a subwoofer).   That being said, I even sold the Forte III and now use slightly modified Forte II speakers.  I also have a pair of slightly modified Forte I speakers that I rotate in sometimes.  (the mod is Ti tweeters and Crites crossovers on both my Fortes). 

I wonder if the cabinet resonance problem has been addressed on the new Cornwall IV? 
disclaimer statement:  to follow is a purely subjective and opinionated conversation (just like everyone else).
However suffice to say there ain’t a lot of love for the RF-3 around here...primarily because despite its “reference”  implication inferred by it’s model name/number...there really isn’t much reference quality about it.  As others have suggested it really was a watered down consumer grade big box store AV type speaker.  As such it was NOT part of the Heritage series which everyone holds in high regard.
And I’m no Klipsch-basher by any means...  I love their Heritage series stuff like all the other guys here.  Which means your Heresy, Chorus, Belle, Forte, Cornwall, Klipschorn......etc.....
And of course,  like what’s also been said said here today, is that proper implementation ie...listening environment and speaker-supporting audio chain should also be executed properly.
I’ll always have and never get rid of a Klipsch Heritage series something,  (be it Forte or Chorus) in my inventory.  But In the interim two years ago I discovered and acquired Tekton Impact monitors, which while a different animal ... they are quite sensitive (like Klipsch) and thereby a joy to listen with my low power class A Pass amplifier.
The RF series are good for home theater and occasional two channel listening.  The RF7s and RF83 will play loud and will rock, but there are much better speakers out there for not much more.  If you want speakers that will play loud and be more laid back and sound better than the RF-3, try to get your hands on some used Legacy Audio speakers.  You can sometimes find Focus 20/20 speakers for around $2000-$2500.  I have not heard the Legacy Audio Classics, but those can be had for less.
I use a Dennis Had 12wpc or so (depending on output tubes) amp with Heresy IIIs and they sound amazingly good with 2 REL subs (I had the subs before the Heresy IIIs). The Had amps are sole new only on Ebay and are in various styles, from $1200 or so to maybe 2 grand for a hand wired masterpiece. Note that the relative smallness (or shortness anyway) is a key feature of Heresy IIIs and one that I like...they’re far less physically obtrusive than Fortes and Cornwalls, and sound at least similar (from the mids up anyway). I heard the new Cornwalls recently and they’re a great sounding speaker but man...some largeness ya got there...also worth noting is the price...my Heresy III "Capitol Records Edition" (!) were $1500 new including shipping a couple of years ago (a great deal I know...still...) but Fortes are 4 grand a pair and Cornwalls are around 6...that’s a large difference, and likely worth it, but in a different league really.