What does one purchase after owning horns?

I have owned Avantgarde Uno's and sold them because of the lack of bass to horn integration. I loved the dynamics, the midrange and highs. Now faced with a new speaker purchase, I demo speakers and they sound lifeless and contrived. The drama and beauty of live music and even the sound of percussion insturments like a piano are not at all convincing. I have an $8k budget for speakers give or take a thousand. My room is 13'X26' firing down the length. Any good ideas will be appreciated. My music prefrences are jazz/jazz vocalist.
renmeister
Soundlab A1's and up can be quite dynamic with a little effort.

First and most important is they need lots and lots of good power to really come to life.I have 600 watts of SS power per side that delivers 2400 watts into 2 ohms.This alone has my M1's really singing.

Second is I modified the backplates with far better parts and bypassed the brillance control. Huge improvement in dynamics. These M1's now have it all .

Soundlab's don't seem to get much attention these days and I am not sure why. To my ears they play natural sounding music that is effortless and almost magical. They can play at concert level volumes and offer unrestrained bass down to 20 htz without a hint of coloration or overhang etc...At least in my room:-)

Top to bottom cohesiveness is stunning and makes for a wall of sound that is often breath-taking.

If at all interested I highly suggest an amp capable of putting out what I mentioned above.

I tried OTL amps on my M1's and while they worked and sounded quite nice, these speakers need gobs of power from an amp that can handle impedence swings from 2 to 40 ohms to sound dynamic and best.

Have fun on your search!
Try Eggelston Rosa. Great midrange detail and full range bass in a small package.
for a little something different, take a look at some speakers from Danley Sound Labs that are now being used in the home. Very efficient and dynamic as well.
You explained it yourself why Soundlabs don't get much attention. They need 600 SS or ,I assume, about the same tube watts to sound their best. That's what? $30k or so? Or more? Few want and can afford this set up.