Jeff Rowland Model 1

Came across this little beauty at a used stereo store. Should I pick it up? I am on a strict budget just starting a new system. The seller wants 900 bucks. Any thoughts on this amp?
jeffvegas
Lot of folks, myself included, believe that Jeff's amps from that era are superior to a number of his later class D designs. To that, at the price point you are looking at, and with a service from Jeff, I think it would be next to impossible to buy something new that would better this amp.
Lot of people will naysay the idea, I doubt any of them have actually owned or lived with a model 1. As an owner of a model 8T that Jeff modded for me, I can tell you that it easily competes with a number of other ss amps from today that are not built anywhere near as solid, or sound anywhere near as resolved or transparent. The current crop of ss amps are also many multiples in price of Jeff's 'Golden era' amps.
HK Citation 16....LOL, not in the same league at all as the model 1, IME.
This little amp is a Jewel. Just the way is looks. Thick front faceplate, rounded heatsinks, compact. On the inside, everything is shielded and very clean. You can tell this guy LOVES building amplifiers just by how it is constructed. I have heard the Model 2,6 and 8 are his best amps ever and are considered some of the best of all time. His class D gaining respect but I am old school when it comes to amp design. Colorado putting out some INSANE audio equipment. Jeff Rowland, PS AUDIO, AYRE, BOULDER, WILSON, AVALON, ETC

@daveyf - my opinion is different versus the HK.  I own them now along with many other vintage amps such as the HK XXs which are a level above many current SS amps today.  While the JR was musical if it has issues a local tech would need to buy the modules to get it repaired.  How do I know this?  I repair all audio components besides manufacturing my own line of components.  Your opinion matters also but my experience is simply different.  Does not mean I don't think it is a good little amp, it is.  I know the JR goes for $900 used but I usually find vintage gear at estate sales for a lot less.

Happy Listening

There is a authorized MAC repair shop where I live with TONS of vintage used stuff for sale. I have seen a few HARMON KARDON amps there. I will check them out. They are a lot less money than the ROWLAND and maybe sound as good.