Supratek or Don Sachs - which way to go?

I'm preparing to replace my SS preamp with a tube unit and have read with great interest many threads on this board. This is where I learned about Don Sachs model 2 preamps. They sound like what I'm looking for and those who own them consistently express their satisfaction with them.

Now I've just been reading and learning about the Supratek lineup. Wow. These also sound like fantastic works of art. Leaving me with a new question about which way to go. 

Thoughts? Advice? Experience? Anyone care to share?
128x128markusthenaimnut
@ whitesix

I have been using the Psvane WE6SN7 and KT 88 Plus in my Sach Amp and Pre for over 3 months and are the best tubes I have ever owned/tried; better than many of my NOS variants...

Wig

I feel the same way!...I have been using the  SHUGUANG WE6SN7 Vacuum Tubes in my (new gen 3) Supratek for the last 3 months and they are as good if not better than any nos tube combo's that i have tried(at least 4 nos combos) than the stock Russian tubes....and the beauty of this tube besides how SWEET they sound( in MY OPNION )is that they are readly available and not at the MERCY of all these nos SCAM sellers!...TRUTH!
I also want to ACKNOWLEDGE one more item....I said this b 4 ..But we have 2 Great Pres...under 3K. D|S... and Micks Latest Gen 3....It is every thing he already stated....Its Wider,,,Deeper...More Dynamic than any of his previous models....I Know first hand because my last great pre was a BAT 32se(and that pre retailed for $8500) and my Gen 3 Chardonnay was $2000 and delivered to my Home In Pittsburgh....and it beat it down to in every audio perimeter!!!...Dont Believe me?... then order one....what do you have to lose?....just in case,,,,i have NO interest in Supratek ....besides what Audio Heads have been saying for the past 25 yrs....TRUTH!!
I noticed that Dick Olsher [The Absolute Sound] is now using a Supratek Chardonnay.
Yes he does...Mick Alluded to the fact that a "famous insider/reviewer is now using his Cardonnay pre as one of his reference...Look at Dick Olsher ...his latest review of the  Luxman MQ-88uC Stereo Power Amplifier(Oct 8 2019) for the Absolute Sound