Supratek or Don Sachs - which way to go?

I'm preparing to replace my SS preamp with a tube unit and have read with great interest many threads on this board. This is where I learned about Don Sachs model 2 preamps. They sound like what I'm looking for and those who own them consistently express their satisfaction with them.

Now I've just been reading and learning about the Supratek lineup. Wow. These also sound like fantastic works of art. Leaving me with a new question about which way to go. 

Thoughts? Advice? Experience? Anyone care to share?
128x128markusthenaimnut
Thanks Markus for the info....going to look into to that item...keep in touch ...I like your Audio style and advice!!!...Peace

Gents,
Coming my way next week is Don Sachs' newest iteration of his preamp.  I had one of the first original preamps he made and it was and is fantastic.  His cap and wiring upgrades took it to even greater levels of performance.

His new preamp has has many enhancements and will come with the very fine WE6SN7plus 6SN7 tubes.  I could have lived with Don's original preamp very happily, but his new interaction of his preamp promises to be a significant SQ improvement.  Plus, now I will have a remote control.  As I have noted before, his KT88-based amplifier is similarly outstanding.   Retail price of the new preamp with the excellent tubes is under $3K.  
@ whitesix

I have been using the Psvane WE6SN7 and KT 88 Plus in my Sach Amp and Pre for over 3 months and are the best tubes I have ever owned/tried; better than many of my NOS variants...

Wig

I feel the same way!...I have been using the  SHUGUANG WE6SN7 Vacuum Tubes in my (new gen 3) Supratek for the last 3 months and they are as good if not better than any nos tube combo's that i have tried(at least 4 nos combos) than the stock Russian tubes....and the beauty of this tube besides how SWEET they sound( in MY OPNION )is that they are readly available and not at the MERCY of all these nos SCAM sellers!...TRUTH!
I also want to ACKNOWLEDGE one more item....I said this b 4 ..But we have 2 Great Pres...under 3K. D|S... and Micks Latest Gen 3....It is every thing he already stated....Its Wider,,,Deeper...More Dynamic than any of his previous models....I Know first hand because my last great pre was a BAT 32se(and that pre retailed for $8500) and my Gen 3 Chardonnay was $2000 and delivered to my Home In Pittsburgh....and it beat it down to in every audio perimeter!!!...Dont Believe me?... then order one....what do you have to lose?....just in case,,,,i have NO interest in Supratek ....besides what Audio Heads have been saying for the past 25 yrs....TRUTH!!