Is it safe to buy from Audiogon sellers?

Dear audiophiles, 

Is it safe to buy products from audiogon sellers ( person or shop)? I don't want to receive goods contrary to the description on the audiogon web.  Unlike eBay, there seems no guarantee over here? Am I right?  Those who have plenty of buy & sell experience here, pls. kindly give me your advice, My location is fin Far East which is far from U.S.A. Tks.

faust  
faust168
Hi i too have been on Agon for many years and bought/ sold a lot.
only nice expirience so far.
when i put items up for sale, i only put up a few pictures. If potential buers ask for more pictures which i ofcourse is ok, ii demand a valid phonenumber to avoid my things are being used for fraud on other sites.
A chat on the phone easily tells me If it is an true audiophile i am dealing with.
Same when i want to buy something. Aditionel i also sometimes askes for a Skype mening as well ofring the same when selling expensive stuff, seeing the equipment and sometimes the complete system also makes you comftebel and often gives very good vibes as well, you get closer and have a even better expirience.

I have also contacted other members who left feedback on a seller to hear about their  expirience.

PayPal is very difficult for the seller and extremely expensive with expensive stuff. Even more If you live outside US as you then also get a very bad curency Exchange from PayPal.
Sending 1 dollar via PayPal lets you know the persons verified id for sure.
over the years i earned a High feedback score and got many audio 
netfriends.
This has worked well for me. 
Happy lisining.
Thastum

bought only a few items .all arrived on time and preformed great so i'm happy here so far. ebay is not that bad either if you are careful enough.
it's all people in the end if somebody really wants to be a crook he can do it here or on ebay but i trust reverb and audiogon more than ebay .
Thanks for all of your kind reply.  Judging on the audio import has to pay import duty as high as 25%,I have to calculate more careful ly.
I've sold and purchased for many years on audiogon and for the most part it has been a total success. Out of all them fun and interesting transactions there were a few that did not go very well and those few involved an item that needed repair but were advertised as in good working condition. In retrospect those few negative transactions involved a seller with little or no feedback at all. Also the other two big deals are, misrepresenting the condition of the item and not packing the item properly for transport.
I got bad experience, every item I bought needed to be repaired. Not enough one seller gave me negative feedback didn’t even want to resolve issue, he just attacked me I assume , because he knew what he had sold. Or many sellers they do not inspect carefully items . Even recently I got bad dishonest strange issue . With TMR who I is big store with great feedback. I wanted buy item and we got agreed the price, and just in case I called the Nick with questions about the item because from pictures it seems to me it looked that it is greater model that I was looking for, Nick quickly realized that too after he invested problem he canceled the deal . And they adjusted the price and the item description. He kept me on hold lying that they have missing parts and they don’t want to sell it to me that way . So I understand my mistake, I should pay, without stupid questions, if big business doesn’t know what is selling and I help them sell items for money so that’s why I loose they win. My point is that is not safe here