Ayre QB9 Twenty Upgrade

Hi Folks,I have an Ayre QB9 DSD DAC and I'm wondering about the new upgrade that Ayre is offering. It's cost is about $1500.00 so I'm not about to jump on the band wagon until I get some input about its sonic improvements. Currently, my QB9 has a Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB cable, Herbie's Tenderfeet, an Akiko XLR tuning stick, a Synergistic Research Blue Fuse, an ISO Regen with LP1 linear power source and an ASR Magic power cord. It sounds very neutral and very natural and I expect that I would ad those tweaks to the upgraded version as well. Any input about the sound differences would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!
goofyfoot
beetlemania, then Ayre was able to adapt the new circuit board and whatever else to the present filters which surprises me.
Ayre implements the filters in a Xilinx FPGA, which provides the necessary horsepower. In an e-mail, Hansen told me that, during the development of Ayre's digital products, "We have custom filters whereby we can load whatever coefficients we want into [the FPGA] . . . an external switch allows us to load different filter coefficients and hear the audible changes they make. This is a great test, as it allows for everything else to be held completely constant. I spent four solid months doing nothing but listen[ing] to the effects of various filters—corner frequency, stop-band response, minimum-phase vs linear-phase, apodizing, sharpness at the 'knee,' windowing functions, interpolation rates (eg, 2x vs 4x vs 8x vs 16x), dithering functions . . . every single factor I could think of.

beetlemania, that's interesting. Is this universal in the sense that recording engineers and others have the same ability?