What Class D amps will drive a 2 ohm load

Just asking.

I see specs into 4 ohms but nothing into difficult speaker loads (like Thiel CS5's).

Thanks for listening, 

Dsper

dsper
Heck..if your going to spend over $3K you would be better off purchasing a pair of the Nuprime ST-10M's. The Wyred4Sound amps are not in the same league. Just look under the hood.
The Nuprime power supply is much larger and their custom designed 
switching amp is equal to if not better than the B&O amps. 
The nice thing about Nuprime is that they display their top amps on their website with the covers off to assure you your getting your money's worth. Wyred4Sound will never display their amps online with their top's off. 

Damn fair question... because of the selling price.
If the moderators won't kick me off the thread I'll post what I'm paying for them.
At the purchase price I can't lose...
One of the reasons I’d like to give these a go...
Specifications
  • Design: Monoblock Power Amplifier, Class D.
  • Power Output: 570 Watts RMS into 8 Ohms, 1,140 Watts RMS into 4 Ohms.
  • MFR: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, ± 0.4 dB.
  • THD+N: 0.2% at Rated Output.
  • IMD: (CCIF): 0.0005%
  • Efficiency: 79%
  • Sensitivity: 2.95 Volts.
  • Output Impedance: 0.005 Ohms.

It’s gonna need every bit of those ratings to drive the 9’s!

Without dropping a name I was advised they’re rated into 2-Ohms.

It’s worth a go...

joysjane
Don’t think your gunna like this

It seems the WFS SX-1000 uses the same B&O 1000ASP ICEpower module as the Bel Canto Ref1000M monoblocks.

Stereophile say they turned them selves off when presented with a 2ohm load, which easier than the Kappa 9’s load which is a below 1ohm horror load.
"Ref1000M monoblock offers very high power from its diminutive chassis. It does work best with higher-impedance loudspeakers"

Maybe it’s time to sell the Kappa 9 if you really need to go class-D

My friend with Infinity Renaissance 90 little easier load than the 9’s was trying to do the same with Class-D’s, didn’t work out either, went back to his big Krell, which luckily he didn’t sell.

Cheers George

Yep, WFS SX-1000 uses those same modules.

Spec sheet specifies 2.0 ohm minimum load, as well as 40 amp current (peak). Unlike the Icepower 1200AS1/2 being rated at 2.7 ohms.

Also included in the specs:

Overload Protection - In case of high-amplitude continuous low frequency signals in loads lower than 4 ohms the power supply may not be able to deliver the required amount of power to the amplifier and the supply voltage will drop. The overload protection circuit will then lower the threshold of the input soft clipping circuit until the output power has been reduced to an acceptable level. As a result the amplifier will not shut down because of under voltage and the music will still be playing but with a softly shaped audio signal.