Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
Great thread. Let me state I joined the Lore family in May 2011, and have never looked back. See my adventures at AudioCircle (screen name Jazzaudio). I purchased mine from Eric with Sonicaps long before he offered Mundorfs as an upgrade. Why Sonicaps? I had a single-ended Eddie Vaughn tube amp that used Mundorfs and I was blown away by the sound. I also upgraded a pair of Klipsch Fortes with Bob Crites crossovers that featured Sonicaps and was also blown away by the sound (this time in direct comparison to 30+ year old original caps.) Sonicap reviews at 10audio.com and Humblehomemadehifi.com, and comparisons to the Mundorfs, convinced me to try the Sonicaps in my Lores. I'm using a Dayens Ecstasy II solid state integrated amp, and getting incredible sound!!! Fast, quick hig hend with Zero harshness. Great depth and soundstage. Tone, tone, tone!! Deep, tight bass....with tone!
I have the Lore for over 6 months now and I do listen to Gaga and Madonna quite a bit. I can say is the Lore is great on pop as well because you sometimes got these over compressed pop songs like Madonna's Hard Candy, the bass just sounds terrible and distorted on any other hifi speakers except professional speakers but the Lore will reproduce every bass hit without a sweat distortion free because it's just quick and easy to drive.
Eric is now offering a Pendragon center, rear and dual 12″ subwoofer. Not much info yet. They aren't on his products page -- you'll need to go to his Blog for more info although I have read elsewhere the center is offered at $800.
I have heard the Lore-S and I liked them a lot but thought they might be a little too smooth for rock. I have had it suggested to me that I might prefer the std lore. However, the subject is Omen vs Lore which leads me to believe that they sound similar to the Omen and no offense to the many people who love zu but I just found the sound too different to what I am used to.
Right now I have Totem Rainmakers. I would love the Devore 88s but they are WAY over my price range :(