R.I.P: Rest In Peace Roy Johnson, Green Mountain Audio's Genius

All,

It is with heavy heart that I bring to you the heart breaking news of the passing of one of audio's true geniuses. Roy Johnson passed away this week after a long battle with cancer. He was a truly brilliant speaker designer, and true friend, and an amazing person. For those of us lucky to have known him as customers or friends we know he was infinitely committed to lending a hand, imparting his wisdom, solving problems and creating some of the most amazing loud speakers ever heard.  There were often gremlins in my system not centered around his loudspeakers and Roy would literally drop everything and help me trace down problems, while all the time educating and teaching me, not for gain, not for money, but because that's who Roy Johnson was. 

He will be greatly missed for his humor, his dedication, and his selflessness in audio and in life.

Rest in Peace Dear Friend,

You Are Loved
128x128birdfan
I came across Roy and GMA in 2006, long before he became ill, when looking for a new pair of loudspeakers. I ordered one of his 3-way designs, which represented a significant financial investment for me. I do not know why there was a delay, but they were not delivered until 9 months later, had manufacturing faults, and needed to be returned to the factory. This was not arranged for another 18 months, however. Then, after endless promises, I never received a replacement pair or a refund, and by the time I found that I could sue him from overseas, I was thwarted by a statute of limitations. I remained in contact with Roy, and the promises of a refund never stopped, but I ultimately lost a lot of money.
I too have speakers that he had been reworking for 18 months 
he said they were ready and then nothing
no contact email or phone. I’m out big bucks if I can’t contact someone to get them back. 
More spend a lot more time and money and drive out to Colorado and who knows what’s left??? Can anyone help me?
I’m a long time Green Mountain Audio fan.  The best system I’ve owned over the last 30 years had Green Mountain speakers.  The clarity and coherence of his designs were second to NONE! Roy was also very giving of his time as he did love to talk.  However, he has, on more than one occasion, taken money from customers and promised them the world only to not make good on his promises.  

Roy basically lived hand to mouth and was just trying to survive doing what he knew how to do best, make great speakers.

I had once referred a customer to Roy and he promised this poor guy a custom effort on a new pair of speakers he was designing.  Needless to say the customer paid for the speakers but NEVER received them.  More promises and a little more bullshitting.  This went on for over 2 years until the gentleman finally gave up.

Roy’s ability to design was undeniable.  His business prowess was horrific.  He wasn’t a bad person but not everyone knew him the same way.  
May he Rest In Peace as any outstanding orders will more than surely be resting in peace too.

Im sorry for anyone’s financial loss but sometimes it’s best to move on.  I know it sucks but your “time has phased out!”
Legal rights against who? It was a one man show and he is gone. Just when I think you can't possibly say anything dumber, you pull one out of your hat. Congratulations!