Hornshoppe "the Truth" preamp - any opinions?

"The Truth" changes the paradigm in Reference Line Stages, literally. Its existence has even forced me to remove a "Direct Connection" in "Class A", because such a choice no longer makes any rational sense to me. In the end, "The Truth" is effectively a "direct connection" with no sonic downsides, and with the ability to drive any amplifier load and/or length of cable, while allowing any source to be heard at its very best. With the exception of extra gain, an audiophile can't ask for more than that. I realize that this may all sound "too good to be true", but it isn't. 

-- Arthur Salvatore  http://www.high-endaudio.com/RC-Linestages.html

This is high praise indeed, he likes it better than Coincident's Line Stage which is saying something, was wondering if someone else has heard it and compared it to other active line stages (am a big believer in active, though currently using AMR DP-777 DAC as my pre)
essrand
I purchased this preamp back in 2010 or 2011. I liked it quite a bit using it with a Transcendent OTL. Alas haven't used it in years. Probably need to pass it on to someone that can use it more than me.
I will not touch the caps per Ed’s advice.  Just the wire and RCA jacks.  Ed is pretty adamant that changing out the caps will make no difference based on his testing and design.  I must say the unit sounds wonderful so I will trust his comments. 

The unit is really a unique system that no other preamp is like. It is a unique design and Ed is rightly proud of it. 
@t_ramey. My unit has remote.  The volume changes very little from start all the way up to say 11 o’clock on the dial.  The volume then ramps up quickly from 11:30-1:30 where most of the volume increase takes place. While this is a pretty narrow range the remote allows slight increases in volume making it very useable.  I have no issues with it. Once you get used to how it responds you will have no trouble setting it to volume you want.  It is not stepped, but a nice smooth continuous pot.  
Charles, After trying many amps with the Lyngdorf I found one that bettered the 2170 as a stand alone unit. The Clayton amp. I love this amp. If offered more dynamic impact, improved natural tone, greater bass and mid bass foundation as well as a seductive,  warm and inviting presentation that hooked me.

Adding The Truth just sounded even better. It stripped away all noise and is so even handed. The combo is a joy to listen to relaxing my ears and mood 😊
Bill,
Thanks for your listening impressions. I haven't beard the  Clayton amplifiers but I know that they have received consistently high praise over many years as truly excellent pure class A amplifiers. 
Charles