Universal disc players

Are there any companies currently making universal disc players? Primarily CD audio and Blu-ray/DVD video.

I am aware that Ayre used to make the DX-5 DSD. Is this worth purchasing from the used market? Does Ayre still support/repair them? 

Thanks
audiorusty
Pioneer LX500. Just purchased one and sending it off to Modwright for tube modification. It has great reviews.
Sony has a couple models as well but note there models do not have a DAC in them so you need a DAC and or home theater processor. 
I have one i bought last year and i find its quite good. picture quality of Blue ray disc are very good and the disc spinner seems to be good too outputting to my DAC. I paid around $300  ( Canadian) for it.
Arcam FMJ UDP411.
By all accounts super CD replay and good enough video playback.

Recently discontinued but I have seen a few NOS examples for sale.

Not sure how long or to what level Arcam will continue to support this model.

Also Marantz UD7007 which is a literal Swiss army knife by specifications!
Not cheap though but still a LOT less than an OPPO UDP 205.
Gentlemen,

Thank you for your Responses.

@audiosaurusrex, would you mind telling me what you mean by tube modifications and what kind of improvement you expect?

@glennewdick, could. you give me the model numbers of what you are referring to?

@uberwaltz, I just happened to stumble across both the Arcam and the Marantz last night and will be looking further into both of them.

Any thoughts on the Pioneer LX800

Anyone else want to join the party and share their thoughts on the previously mentioned units or a different player that has not been mentioned please do.

Thanks