Most annoying song, period.

Sorry if I'm replicating a thread.    I've been wanting to say this for years:  Rick Astley - Never gonna give you up.  What's yours?
shtinkydog
3:51pmI know what you mean--i was stunned to see the Live version of Hotel California listed--then i wondered which live version? Surely it can't be the one on Hell Freezes Over--i use that one to demo speakers ! If it is the one he/she's talking about--well, to each his own...
Yes wyoboy, that's the version. I don't know how old you are, but when the original album came out, that song was played way to often on FM radio. Then the band reformed, and we got that new version which was just about a letter perfect copy of the first. 
Sometimes a song is played so many times that you can never enjoy it again. For me, it doesn't happen with really good songs, but I don't think Hotel California was ever that good. 
I was out of country when the original came out and not in a place where you would ever hear any American music.  I didn't hear it until around 1979 so i was never exposed to the overplay.  Not my favorite Eagles song but the extended intro with Walsh and Felder on the Hell Freezes over version is the reason i listen to it when i do.
Old town road! Such a horrible song. And just about any new 'Bro-country' song out there.