Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
like i posted many times before ,, i like my lores i bought the bubinga finish ,, very sharp looking , but ..but the measurements that are posted on the website do not add up , im talking about the low end , they are fine speakers , it is just some went off on how they are worth 10x the price , i did not get that statement then and still dont . saying all that i am keeping my lores , im not selling them off for the next great thing to come along .i just laugh when you here someone make these unbeleiveable claims about any product . thats what i was talking about when i mentioned ,,the hype about these speakers.
Cpapace, I've built some speakers and really enjoyed it. Next on my list was a full range + tweeter, like the speakers being discussed here.

But when you price out the parts to build them, including Eminence full-range drivers, tweeters, "crossover" parts, cabinet materials, veneer, misc. hardware, and so on, you realize that these folks are not making much money selling these things for $800-1000. Compared to many commercial builds, you really get a lot of raw materials for your money.
even if we all had the 'identical' make and model gear and played 'identical' sources we would not have identical outcomes. quite simply that is because of the differences in each of our individual situations. we have different rooms, different electrical circuits, etc., and we hear differently. our experience is our personal interaction with the 'objective' reality and the outcome is uniquely our own. it does not exist nor is it relevant without our perceptions. blessed is the person who has clarity of the factors that shape their own perspective and understand and actualize their own preferences without diminishing the validity of any other person's genuineness. i think if you are enjoying the music you must be enjoying your life. forgive my rant.
Here, here Wsifu!

And a quick response to Cwazz. It is true that some people can be over exited about a product. But I wll say that I've heard several speakers. And with out a doubt the lores or m-mores, and I've heard both are really very good for the money. Not that there are not other products that sound great at that price. But there are some pretty expensive speakers that in my humble opinion are over priced for what you get. I'm glad though that you are an owner and have personal experience with an opinion as opposed to someone who has an opinion on the sound without the experience of the speaker.

On building speakers it's addictive. Even if you build a great sounding speaker that you would be really pleased with keeping. There is always something about trying something different. Or seeing what you can do to improve. Much like owning a speaker. There is no perfect speaker.
I can say I'm still very happy with my Lores. I would also like to say that I now understand the full bass response of the Lores after doing a lot of work positioning them - and they DO make right down to about 30 hz if they're getting the right room reinforcement. In my case, it was a matter of just a very few inches placement that made the difference between the bottom being 40hz and 30hz. I don't use a subwoofer for music anymore, no need. I do turn the subwoofer on for movies, though, as those really low frequencies are needed for enough impact.

The dynamics of the Lores are as addictive as their tone and nuance. For this reason, the Pendragons are quite tempting. I'd like even more dynamics without giving up the overall sound of the Lores, and I'm sure the Pendragons go a long way there. But I'm very happy with where I am right now, and not interested in going a different direction for quite some time at last.

Over on one of the audiocircle threads about the Lores, a guy described a series of cabinet and driver frame dampening he did that really improved imaging/clarity. I plan to try that soon, but man I'd be surprised if it could make things that much better.

Are the Lores the best speakers ever - definitely not. Are they worth $10K? I have no idea, as I've never had speakers of that caliber in my system at home. I can say that they're way better than any other speaker I've had in there, including Tyler Acoustics monitors, Hornshoppe Horns, Omega Hemptones, Klipsch Lascalas, and Zu Druids. They don't have the dynamics of Klipsch, nor the complete coherency of the 4" Hornshoppe single drivers, but they have the best combination of tone, dynamics, frequency extension, microdynamics and nuance, large soundstage, and competent imaging of any speaker I've heard in my system.