What Class D amps will drive a 2 ohm load

Just asking.

I see specs into 4 ohms but nothing into difficult speaker loads (like Thiel CS5's).

Thanks for listening, 

Dsper

dsper
All I try to offer in any particular thread (and as noted per my last post I have lots of experience setting up systems and among the speakers that the store carried where my friend worked were Thiels and Maggies), and this will be my last word (regardless of how many more insults someone wants to hurl my way whether that is not be able to hear or not knowing what an impedance curve is, and an impedance curve I've already previously referenced here if someone actually read my comments which apparently some have not), is actual experience intended to provide additional relevant information to a question posed by the thread originator.  It is not intended to made judgments about other peoples tastes, listening habits, etc.

With forum like this one, I've already noted and quoted the Wikipedia definition of an internet troll in these threads.  It is just the way it is and nothing to get all excited about, it is the norm that there will always be a few.  For example, if someone asked a question about Magico speakers, which by the way I think are wonderful and have heard in a store more than once and at audio shows more than once, and I started making theoretical comments about something that they don't do well, there are probably some people after the first comment who might consider me a troll (it might be a bit judgmental for one comment).  If I continued making many comments over and over with no relevant experience to offer to the original poster's question, I'm sure there would be more and more people who would think that I'm a troll (and I'm not sure how I would argue that I'm not).

This is not to pick on a particular person.  It is just to make my point that it is probably best to start a new thread vs. make comments without actual hands on experience relevant to the topic.  As an example, at one point I bought a lightly used Bryston 14BSST (15 amp version) when I originally had Thiel 7.2s (and I've already posted this information within the Class D threads if anyone bothered to read). I used them in a huge room (probably almost 7,000 cu. ft. that opened into other spaces).  I listen to a wide variety of music, some of which is very dynamic.  The impedance of the 7.2s caused the amp to shut down a bunch of times.  I called the guy I bought it from who had Thiel 6s (which I heard many times and help deliver more than one pair) and only listened to small jazz combos in a small or average sized room and did not play things at the levels I might.  If I posted a blanket statement that the 14BSST can't drive or get the best out of any Thiel speaker, I don't think that would be either a factual statement or one that would probably be useful to someone posting a question.  An example would be the question posed here which deals with what Class D amps can drive certain things.  The original poster is entitled to seek information from others about their experiences and determine if there is something he or she would like to try in their system.  That does not mean that if they tried it, they would like it better than another amp or might find faults with how it sounds.  It is just more helpful when someone provides feedback about their experiences so that the person posing the question can come to a conclusion as to whether something is possible to use in their system.  That's all from me.
why not just start a new thread about the theoretical disadvantages of Class D?
No sorry, I don’t start threads asking for others to post negatives for me, I prefer to debate and show tech proof, on the pro’s and con’s of anything I feel need to be shown.

That would then emulate Eric Squires on what he’s trying to do to Pass amps. https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/the-imperfect-amp-pass-or-ayre/post?postid=1815745#1815745

BTW:  Bryston 14BSST (15 amp version)  beating this is nothing to crow over into the Thiel CS7's. If and amp had 60-100amp capability down into 2ohms and your Class-D better it then you'd have something. 

Cheers George
Dsper - hopefully you have checked out the Thiel users group thread, lots of good discussion on amp pairing, lots of good discussion on how to get the most out of the CS5s, more focus on what listeners are hearing rather than technical debates.  Personally I always enjoy comments linking specific listening experiences with hypotheses on the connection to equipment design, rather than starting with design and the associated engineering factors to reach a hypothetical listening experience.  Also fyi Jim Thiel, as he is working on crossover updates fo some Thiel models, uses the Benchmark AHB2 as a modern reference (along with other older amps) as he fine tunes his mods. Not trying to put words in his mouth, but Ibelieve in this case reference meaning a neutral clean sounding amp with enough power to drive some challenging loads, but also at a reasonable price, in other words one many many users could consider as an excellent starting point for some Thiels, honestly not sure about the CS5, if i remember correctly those are some beastly beasts.  

Btw, despite wading through a fair amount of bs, I did learn a bunch about amps on this thread, so thanks.