Trying to find someone with a cable cooker in Metro NY

Hello to all...

Have recently been 'exposed' to the concept of cable cooking to improve performance, but would like to pay someone who has one, to do it to my interconnects and speaker cables, each for a 3 day (72 hr) treatment... Would be nice if you are in the Metro NY area, but would be willing to ship to you if out of area.

Would also like to hear from someone with comparative experience (geoffkait?) in using this and/or cryogenic treatment: if results are different, one more effective than the other,  one more lasting than the other, must treatment be redone periodically?

Please relate real-life info ( don't be a second level whistleblower, passing relayed to you experiences...).

Best Wishes to all.
insearchofprat
...and mailman: if you ever achieve what you propose in last paragraph of 10/10 -11:56 - PLEASE contact me...
Going back to the original post, is it really possible that there is nobody with cable cooker in metro NY area? That is many people and not one has a cable cooker, visits audiogon forum, and is nice enough to offer the cooker?

How many of these devices sell anyway? Is it tens, hundreds, or thousands? Is market saturated?
" Are you ever going to tell us why wire is directional?
Is it because electrons can be polarized? "
  All wire used in audio is directional. From the outlet to the audio file source. From there to the amp or dac or whatever and from there to the speakers. Some may have many devices in the stream but they only work one way and the wires are self aligning to the devices and if nothing works you have the wrong sequence of devices hooked up. Sarc off.

OP it is hard to tell if someone is really looking for information, or just looking for validation of a poor choice they want to make or have made that does nothing but cost lots of money like cable cookers.  Research what engineers have to say and level headed audio guys who demand proof of concept in ways that can be independently verified. The high and audio market is full of things meant to part people from their money and give scant rewards for the dollars spent in exchange. What causes ridicule and sarcasm is the number of people who believe this stuff while being unable to prove its worth and then angrily defending their bad choice. The ultimate rebuttals typically are you don't have trained or acute hearing ability (the fabled golden ears). You are just jealous because you can't afford what I can. My favorite is just because you cant measure it means nothing because I can hear it. How can that be since if there is a difference it must be quantifiable therefore measurable. There is a placebo effect though that does say I spent gobs of cash and therefore it must be better and gosh, I think I can hear it now.

Cable cookers do not work and will never work and there is no one that can prove they do work. Buy any measuring tool you want and do a before and after and get back to me on what you find after you get a cable cooked and I think I know what you will say.
  Get a UMike and learn to use it with Room Equalizer Wizard, a free program and you can begin to learn to actually measure what your equipment is producing and how sound reacts to your room. You will be able to measure every REAL change and also measure and discover there are a ton of expensive things that do nothing.
  I would also recommend you go to forums like DIY where very serious and knowledgeable people who understand the electronics of audio and in many cases are also builders with hands on experience can tell you what does and does not work. Don't be a sucker for slick promotional $$$ dollar extraction machines. Become an informed buyer.
glupson

It appears this is a very specialized piece of equipment that costs New about $1000 ( +tax and shipping? no vintage availabe LOL!!);  no idea how many out there but for an audiophile, I would think this could be the Big Holiday Gift (LOL!) for the person who has everything and knows everything...

Only 2 replys REALLY EARLY in the forum replys. Closest to me ( in Jersey City NJ) said he could do it for $200 (I assumed the price was for an 8' pair of my homemade speaker wires and an interconnect) and then he suggested that he could let me have a REAL DESIGNED speaker cable for a reduced price of $350 (used or old? - unknown; 8'WireWorld normally $500...) ...

Still wonder why cable mnfs. don't just do this as part of their process...