Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
Sebroff I apreciate the help , the 35 amp was actually a intergrated amp. I am use to the sub woofer.I had volume at 8-9 depending on the music.
06-06-11: Cwazz
"Sebroff I apreciate the help , the 35 amp was actually a intergrated amp. I am use to the sub woofer.I had volume at 8-9 depending on the music."

Couldn't make it easy, eh Cwazz :)
The 35 watt tube integrated amp sounds like it should have been a pretty good match, and it does eliminate the Hafler so, well, ummm...I got nuthin' man. Sorry.
well sebrof the tube amp did cahnge the sound , but it just wasnt for me , so the search continues!!
Cwazz,

Tube amps can sound mighty different. Particular things to keep in mind with them are not only the tubes used but also whether there is negative feeback in the circuitry and the amp's damping factor. Too high a damping factor with designs like the Lores leads to overdamped bass. That may or may not be your problem, but I'd put it on the list of suspects. I loved the Aleph 30 in a DIY speaker of similar design to the Lore. But the damping factor was too high and this seriously impacted the quality and amount of bass I got compared to amps with lower damping factors. Of course there is also the worry of underdamping too, which leads to less controlled, boomier bass.

Might be the speaker, might be synergy with this mystery unnamed tube amp.