Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
B rodgers.
You've given me hope in my speaker choise.
It's always good to know that a floor staning speaker can put a smile on the face of a Maggie owners face.
It's always a challange to compete with the soundstage of Maggies, and to know you were happy make me happy.
Eric told me that mine will be shipping on Wed..
I'll keep the post going with my initial impressions.
John
He refunded the $50 for the grilles. He offered to send them but it would have required me drilling attachement points on the speaker. I didn't want to risk damaging the finish. The speakers are done in maple and look great.
Sounds good. The speaker is not designed to run w/ a grill anyway, although having a 4-5 mth old and a 2.5 year old, it sure would be nice when not in use. Can you send a pic of your finish? Thx
B rodgers - think of all the possibilities of low watt tube amp and SET amps you could run now. Forgot the Maggies (subjective), which require big power. Looks like you just took a serious short but in the right direction. I've never owned Maggies, but heard the MMG's and 3.6's. I have owned my share of Logans, a pair Quads, and Carver Amazing Speakers. They are fun but big, power hungry, and may not have the amazing focus of a single driver. Of course it's all about tradeoffs, but the high efficiency thing is an entire different world that begs for exploration. Happy listening! Jeff
Also-if you're considering Lore and Omen don't overlook the older Katz Meow that Eric has had and may still have for $900 or so. I have Omen and this Katz model and really like them both. I've been out of town on a couple of extended trips since I got the Omens right after Christmas so I still need some time with them but I'm sure I'll keep them. The Katz are money. I've had them since last summer.
How either compares with the Lore I don't know.