Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
> Anyone received their Omens yet?????

A friend got her's about a week ago, I helped her unpack them. I was only able to listen briefly, but I was impressed at how they sounded fresh out of the box when driven by an 18 watt Almarro integrated. She thinks they're terrific and and that they have that certain "something."
Got them up & running for over a week now.
Going through with break-in process. 160 hours out of Zu recommended 400 hours.

Initial impressions are very favorable but there are issues which might be concerning & noteworthy to potential buyer.

All issues, initial impressions, pictures etc. can be found on Audio Circle forum. Check it out if you seek a bit more of an "in depth" look into Omen speakers.

- if anyone has a specific question, please ask.

Cheers
Mariusz
Hi. I'm hoping to get some help. I tried posting on another forum but no response so far. I went and heard both the mini lore and the lore at eric's shop a few weeks ago. It was fun, I had a good time listening to the speakers. There is suppossed to be a review in the works, but nothing has materialized yet. I am a fan of eric's work and am a little biased I think. I really want to hear what a professional reviewer thinks about these 2 new models. I've bugged him a few times myself about getting some reviews sent off. Perhaps if there are any other tekton design fans out there they might send him and email. Perhaps if he gets a few more request we may get a review soon than later.
I've ordered my Lore's and they should arrive in the next week or so. He says 5 day turnover but I don't think that's going to happen.
My previous speaker was a Monitor Audio RS6. A VERY highly reviewed speaker with just cause. They were fantastic speakers. When the Lore's arrive I will give my initial impressions compaired to the MA RS6's.
And as they break in.
I'm fortunate enough to have a fully treated music room so I can give a rough review to there full potential and there weekness.
Eric assured me that they would out performe the Zu Essence or Soul Superfly.
I know, the guy building and selling the speakers is not the best place to get an un-biased opinion.
But I have never heard anything neg. about the Lore from people who have heard them.
We will see.
On paper they out perform the Omen and the Soul.
For $850. I couldn't pass it up.
I'll keep you posted.
John
Eric showed me the frequency response and they looked very good. The mini lore also fasinates me. The size seems to be almost perfect for my listening room. I did not get to see the fr on the mini lore, but they sounded nice, and the price seems nice also. I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Have you heard any of zu products??