Which stereo amp to try under $30k

Having just made several upgrades to my system, it's now time for the amp. Given the number of amps in the 15-30k range, I'm guessing many of you have experiences with them. To get started, I'll tell you my (1) my guidance (2) my current list of options (3) My current setup. Looking forward to getting more options on my list, as I'd like to pull the trigger in about 2 months and need to start listening.

My Guidance
- Under $30k
- I need to be able to hear the amp before purchase, preferably at a local shop (SF Bay Area)
- New or used ok
- Large sound stage
- Bass
- More Bass... all the bass
- Very much prefer stereo to fit in my rack. I have small children and not enough room for monos.
- Prefer not tubes (already have a tube line stage - too hot for small children and don't fit in rack)
- I'm ok with a colored sound. Prefer musicality and realism over "accuracy" or "neutrality"
- Needs an absolute minimum of 150W based on how loud I listen
- 15/20A or something I can plug into a regular wall outlet

My Current List of options
- Luxman M900u (current top of list)
- Ayre VX-R Twenty
- Pass Labs XA160.8 (doesn't meet all of my guidance)
- Boulder 2160 (a little above budget)
- Audio Research 160S (doesn't meet all of my guidance)

My Current Setup
- AMG Viella Turbo Turntable w/ Koetsu Onyx Platinum Cartridge
- Boulder 508 Phono Stage
- Mytek Manhattan II DAC (next upgrade after the amp - maybe a dCS Bartok?)
- Audio Research Reference 6 line stage
- McIntosh MC452 power amplifier
- B&W 802D3 speakers
- AudioQuest and Nordost cabling or a Symposium Osiris rack

What I listen to: Anything from the 60s on vinyl, some things from the 70s on vinyl. A lot of large orchestral and jazz, also a fair amount of pop, from any decade, on vinyl and digital. Thanks for reading my long post! I'll keep this thread updated with amps I hear. Lots of great shops in the area. My two favorites are The Analog Room in Campbell and Music Lovers Audio in Oakland and SF.
Ag insider logo xs@2xmayoradamwest
I second the Gryphon Diablo 300 recommendation!  For the money, there are few integrated or even separate amps that are in its class.

Very powerful and gives very nice bass.  Not overly punchy, but cool and organic.
You should be able to get great bass now with the McIntosh (the Grateful Dead always did). I've always thought the Nordost line sounded bright. Try different cables - which, I know, is another entire thread. 
Hullo MayorWest, apologies for the delay in responding, I wanted to check with Boulder to make sure i wasn't giving out incorrect information.
 It was a pre owned 2060 that i initially suggested, as you say a pre owned 2160 would likely be a budget buster, and more to the point, i don't believe there has yet been a used 2160 on the market.

Basically your information is correct, as confirmed by Boulder

"With regard to your enquiry, the 1160 and 2160 are very different beasts, although, both absolutely stunning as you would expect from the stable of Boulder.
The 2160 is 600 watts/channel in pure Class A operation, the amplifier is biased as not to act or double up to the equivalent of a log burner, it will run warm, but nothing to be concerned about.
With regard to its power, it will handle any load you care to place (speaker type) through it.
I’ve had the pleasure of hearing this amplifier, and as you would expect, it’s jaw dropping.
The 1160 is biased more towards a class A/B status, rated at 300 watts/channel, it’s no slouch though, very open with a massive soundstage.
You’ve also made a correct assumption with regard to 2x 1160 used to bi-amp or bridge.
They totally come alive in this configuration, extremely musical open and dynamic, everything you would expect really."

It can be plugged into a regular outlet and is configured for the market it is sold in. I understand that some owners of the 2000 series upwards do install a dedicated 32amp circuit in order to get the best from it. I've done the same here.

I will admit to being fairly nonplussed at the idea that 2050's sound sterile. IME these are the most richly textured, lifelike power amplifiers i have heard. But i will admit to preferring mine when fed by a valve preamp- i use a Wavac - it sounds less awesome than with a Boulder preamp, a tad rounded off at the frequency extremes, but gains some seductive magic while maintaining an iron grip at all frequencies.
 I'm unfamiliar with the review you referred to, but i found the positive feedback review of the 2060 to perfectly encapsulate what i experience with my 2060, to the extent that i now trust their reviews above all others

"https://positive-feedback.com/Issue27/2060_boulder.htm
Mayoradamwest,

I read that you were in the San Francisco area. Here is an even that you may be interested in?

Philip O’Hanlon, who is the North American distributor for Gryphon Audio will be hosting with Audiovision San Francisco the evening of Friday 9/27 through Sunday 9/29 with Audio Vision S.F. at the Holiday Inn on 1500 Van Ness Avenue for their 20th Anniversary event, presenting a full Gryphon system with choice music. you may want to drop by if you are in the area.

GO HERE for more info
thanks, @mrc4u 

You guys are a bad influence. I originally started thinking I was going to get the M900u which is only like 15k. Then, I started debating the Boulder 1160, at 27k. Now I've got the 2160 and Gryphon on my radar. I probably do need to keep it under 30k if I want to stay married though ;-)