What Class D amps will drive a 2 ohm load

Just asking.

I see specs into 4 ohms but nothing into difficult speaker loads (like Thiel CS5's).

Thanks for listening, 

Dsper

dsper
I ask you to provide a list of amps that have guts. I request this,
Sorry, if you search I've already given many examples, and you should really know if your debating this in this thread.

Cheers George
Hi George,

I’m glad you are branching out to opine on something besides Class D amplifiers, I think that shows real progress in you participating constructively with others on a broad range of topics.

In regards to your reply to me, please just imagine me rolling my eyes around and guffawing repeatedly, in a very very respectful manner.

Best,

Erik
Atmasphere,
You said, "But I don't agree about the 'best speaker you can afford' thing! The reason is simple- you may find that you have a preference for an amplifier technology- tubes for example- and if that is the case buying an incompatible speaker will simply be money down the loo. So- if you know what kind of amp you prefer, then get the best **compatible** speaker you can for it."

I say that no speaker is "incompatible" with any amplifier.  A 5 watt tube amp may make great music up to 105 dB with an efficient horn speaker.  But driving a 75 dB efficient electrostatic with small panels, it can make beautiful chamber music at SPL of 75 dB, which is the natural level of a string quartet, for instance.  Suppose the listener wants to hear sweet mellow sound from the string quartet, then the more "compatible" higher powered neutral/accurate SS amp is not for him.  

The more general point is that the sound character is largely determined by the speaker, closely followed by the recording.  Most good amps today have superb specs and sound fairly close to each other.  Any of them are much closer to theoretical perfection than any speaker available today, all of which sound hopelessly veiled compared to the real thing, although I come much closer with my electrostatic and EQ.    The real advances in high fidelity should be in speaker design rather than amp design.  Produce better electrostatic designs, rather than inferior huge curved panels of Sound Lab and Martin Logan which smear HF and bloat images.  It is interesting how the new smaller Maggie LRS is creating a sensation.  I haven't heard it yet, but the size is right.  How about plasma drivers crossed over to electrostatic panels for lower freq.   I heard the Plasmatronics speaker by Dr. Alan Hill in the early 80's.  Too bad most of the market cares about big dynamics instead of accuracy and finesse, which is why these plasma and stat transducers are largely ignored.  

How about plasma drivers crossed over to electrostatic panels for lower freq.

Funny you should bring them up.
Which is what I use, ACI SV12's in 5cuft IB enclosures xover at 130hz to big esl's, xover at 10khz to MP-02 plamsa's  https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Magnat-Plasma-MP-02-ion-tweeter-massless-air-plasma-speaker-Plasmahochtoner/272894087984?hash=item3f89c15330:g:V5sAAOSwCJxZ6PXy&frcectupt=true

Cheers George