hi anbody have a wood record mat ?

someone has one sale  cant find out to much about it. never saw one. are they any good?  thank you.
rocky1313
Seems like layered bamboo would be hard enough. Manufacturing it would be pretty difficult though...   
Dear @totem395  : Your post is spot on. I posted on the same issue:

"  and with the rigth " treatment " in its production there is no reasons to think it does not works.. "

R.
Some years ago, Chris Brady (Teres Audio) and some other a'philes got together to do a shootout between Chris' new wooden platter and his lead loaded acrylic platters. The wood platter was the hands down winner in every case according to those who were there. I don't remember the title of the thread at this time though. Of course, the wood platter has lead in it also.
That is pretty interesting Artemus.
My present favourite mat is a lead and cork hybrid.
I assume that they ran these tests with just the platters and no mats on them otherwise meaningless?
The Teres wood platter is an exceptional idea and a real world product, but it is several inches thick and very heavily finished to negate any possible problem with warpage. Probably that has a better chance of success than would a much thinner wooden mat, but it's certainly not crazy to try it.  The temptation would be to use a hardwood to avoid warpage, but that might result in a "hard" sound.  Like I said, the choice of wood species will make a great difference in the outcome, in my opinion.  The thing is, if you make the mat yourself with your own hands, you're gonna love it.  Be careful of expectation bias.  I had a machinist make me a pure copper mat for my Kenwood L07D, to replace the OEM stainless steel "platter sheet" (a mat by another name), and of course, I love it.