Wharfedale Linton Heritage 85th Anniversary

These are fun speakers.  They are musical and smooth. An absolute pleasure to hear with tubes.

I cannot believe how well made they are at this price point.  I'd like to wheel in a pair of Harbeths or Spendors (classic type) to have a shootout.  The stands are well executed.  Everything feels substantial and high end.  Color me impressed.  

128x128jbhiller
Interesting article. The PrimaLunas get such rave reviews but I'm beginning to question theire overall reproduction of music. I had a pair of Tekton Design Lores and they did better than the Lintons (tight bass) but still not what I was looking for. (and the wife got tired of looking at them)I have never had a pair of speakers that sounded so terrible right out of the box (Lintons). I did remove the foam I had between the speakers & stands and this did improve overall sound. Less "boom" but still up front mids and not much air on top. Tried 4 ohm & 8 ohm taps on the amp, right now connected to 8 ohm taps.  jbhiller informed me that he installed a pair of Cifte 12AU7s in his PrimaLuna and this helped especially with air on top. I'm getting a little discouraged with buying $200 - $300 tubes in experimenting with not much success.I did have a pair of French Radiotechnique 12AU7s (Lores) with no luck at all. Brimars better. I'm really trying to make the PrimaLuna work as it is a quality product, point to point & auto biasing, etc. So I'll give the Lintons some more time and maybe try the Cifte tubes.
I have owned these with the matching stands for a few months.. I was looking for a retro styled speaker at the time I found these at a local dealer. After auditioning them on a mid fi marantz integrated I bought the set. The dealer also carries harbeth. I compared them to a pair of harbeths that were more than twice the price. I use them for music. No home theater here. They are paired with a Yamaha s2000 integrated amp and the matching c2000 CD player. Analog is a vintage Yamaha yp b6 TT.  I thoroughly enjoy this system as a whole. I had a pair of Linn majik 140s prior to the lintons. The 140s are for sale. I am using a rel sub with them.
Wcc, the Cifte is a great tube. I have one in the center position on my Rogue Cronus Magnum and really like it. It replaced a La Radiotechnique.
tonyenders, needless to say you ultimately chose the Linton.

I used to own a pair of C7ES3 and I am on the verge of get a pair of Linton.

Would you care to elaborate as why/how you reached such decision?

It'd help me greatly.
With their standard 3-way T-M-W configuration, the Lintons are not really directly comparable to Harbeths or Spendors that are more expensive, but not too many orders so, as those Harbeths and Spendors will be 2-way designs or super-tweeter/tweeter/mid-bass models.  The Lintons in this sense are more like scaled-down 40.2's or Classic 100's.  I know this is an improbable comparison, but has anybody been able to make this comparison?