Ethernet Cable or Not?

Hey everybody,

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

I use an inexpensive WiFi receiver to send a signal to a Schiit Dac, then to my Integrated.

The wireless signal never lags/buffers, but sometimes music sounds better to me than others. Very well could be in my head, tinnitus intensity, etc.

Line of sight to my router is approximately seven feet, and a ten foot cable would do the job and for the most part be hidden.

Is a wired connection between a router and WiFi receiver the way to go if one is possible? Or if I’m not having buffering should I let it be? (I don’t own a cable to try but can pick one up if it’s likely to help of course.)

Thanks for the help!
uncledemp
“If I upgrade my WiFi receiver to a Blusound Node2 would that be a big step up, or would the LPS still be needed?”

Node2 have been widely praised for its performance so I would say yes to better performance over your TB20. No LPS needed with Node 2, however upgrade from its stock PC is recommended. 

Something like this .....

http://www.cullencable.com/c7-power-cable/

If you choose to go Node 2 route, don’t forget the Supra Ethernet CAT8 Cable. 

sleepwalker65
Geoffy, how would you advise a cable manufacturer to determine the directionality of a piece of cable?

>>>>Well, Sleepy, there are two ways to do it. The easiest way is to cut a section of WIRE off the spool - mark the section of wire to keep track of how it came off the spool - and measure the resistance both ways from end to end. The WIRE direction that has the least resistance is the proper direction. Then you know how to construct the cable. The other way is to make up an audio cable - marking how the WIRE came of the spool - and listen the cable both directions. The direction that sounds the best is the proper direction. Then you will know how to keep track of the wire as it comes off the spool. That how you control directionality of any cable or power cord or HDMI cable or Ethernet cable.
Okie dokie Geoffy, but what about cables that are used for bi-directional signals?
What about this? What about that? The audio and video signals are not bidirectional. We don’t care about signals that are bidirectional. Hel-loo!
Ahhh, bok! You finally admit that we don’t care about directionality because it is a fictional concept.