Will I notice a difference?

I currently have an Exemplar/Denon 3910 CD player ( a Denon unit modified at great cost by John Tucker) and a Cambridge Audio CXN streamer. I'm thinking of getting an Mhdt Orchid dac but will I hear a difference or rather improvement ? I've tried sub $1000 dacs like Topping D50 and heard no difference at all. Guess I'm tending to be cynical about external dacs but would appreciate some informed opinions.
128x128mazian
The rest of my equipment is a Van Alstine Transcendence 8+ pre, a Rogue Stereo 90 power amp driving the electrostatic panels of Martin Logan Vantage speakers and an Acurus A250 driving the bass units. Also a Mosscade Saturn 12 sub which I rarely use.
Post removed 
I must tell you that you will hear a difference and a good one at that. Ask Linear Tube Audio for a 10 day trial. They may work with you even though they don’t offer this now.  Explain your situation and who knows? This is not a cheap dac, but $1100 that sounds like $5000.  It is supremely real sounding and a delight. Worth a call.  
Nice idea but I think Linear Tube Audio would be disinclined to lend out a DAC to Australia. As Mhdt are based in Taiwan I would have more chance getting a unit from them but very, very unlikely. The company has no representation in Australia. If I buy one and it doesn't work out it may be on Audiogon in a few weeks.