Separate DAC and Streamer or go with a Streamer DAC?

My system as of today is an Unison Research Unico Secondo integrated amp, I stream throw a oppo 103 that goes thru a musical surroundings my dacii out to a pair of Focal Kanta 2s. Had a buddy lend me a Schitt ygg. DAC for half a day and noticed nice improvements in my sound quality so I wanted to upgrade my DAC. In doing some research I might be able to upgrade my DAC and streamer in the same move. So I have it narrowed down to two strong choices with a possible third, my budget for this is $2,500.  If I go the separate route it would be an Aqua La voce s2 DAC into an innuos Zenmini mkii. Streamer both used and one generation old. The beauty of this I can get into the Aqua lineup with the ability to upgrade to any current model down the road. Option number 2 is to get a lumin D2 new all in one unit. Obviously it's the newest version, it's simple 2 in 1 ( saves money on cables) but the hardware is not upgradeable if I'd ever want to switch it's a who new unit. A third option would be the ifi pro idsd DAC streamer combo.  So I'm looking for some guidance and what would be the smarter direction to go, I see plus and minuses in both routes. Thanks for your thoughts.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xsjsfiveo
You sound like a separates guy. Innous is an excellent choice.
I am watching for the $4,200 Innous model to come along used.
My attitude towards hardware is to buy used, save money now and be prepared to upgrade when merited. We tested 2 of the DACs you are considering last month. Results are posted at AZAVClub.com.
Best of luck!
Why not save money and go with the Bluesound Node 2i into an external DAC? If the Innuous app is like all others I've used, you'll be 10x happier with the BluOS and any sound quality difference in the streaming portion is absolutely negligible.  Maybe I have not seen the light yet, but I don't think it matters that much until you get to the DAC and the analog output section.   
Nice post! I used to be a separates guy and now look for minimal box solutions. Currently using a LUMIN T2 and very satisfied. The T2 would allow me to connect a DAC but I'm not feeling a need to go that way. 
I have been streaming thru my LUMIN D 1 for 4 or 5 years. I got the MQA upgrade for free once it became available. LUMIN routinely sends me updates for the unit when they become available over the internet. Software interface is great on my I pad mini. Tidal with MQA gives unbelievable detail. Retired my TT. 

You have ave to hardwire to your router - I use the balanced and unbalanced outputs to feed two separate systems with amazing quality!

I recommend any LUMIN product - the D1 has been bulletproof. 

Happy listening!
Pro-ject stream box ultra2 $850 for streaming and a dac of your choice.   Sounds excellent and has lots of rave reviews.   No need to spend a lot unless you want to.