New Joseph Audio Pulsar Graphene 2

Just wanted to update my prior thread where this topic may have gotten lost.  As many of you may know by now, Joseph Audio has come out with the new Pulsar Graphene 2. This new iteration of the venerable Pulsars has a graphene coated magnesium midrange-woofer cone, and the drive motor, suspension system, etc., have been revamped. From what I have been told, the upgrade is pretty significant ... the sound is fuller and has greater ease, yet is very resolved. Jeff Joseph advises that an upgrade path will be available for existing owners of the Pulsars, too. Also, note that the price quoted in the Soundstage piece was in Canadian dollars ... Jeff informs me that the price in USD is $8,999 per pair. I am eager to hear the new Pulsars.
rlb61
However JA price increases have gone too far for me.

Same here.

I’d planned on buying new Perspectives a year ago, had to wait, and now the Perspective 2s are too much too afford (much worse here in Canada). So my only hope at this point is snagging a pair of used original Perspectives. (And then when money permits, send them to Jeff for the upgrade them to graphene 2).

@prof Buy the Perspectives  used, have the seller ship them to Jeff Joseph for the upgrade and then have him ship them to you.  Please Prof, you need to do this. 
@markalarsen

Believe me that would be my plan if possible. The whole "it costs money" thing is sort of in the way, though.
I hope I can count on audiogon member contribution to my up-coming Go-Fund-Me campaign to get me a pair of Perspectives! ;-)

(I’m jealous of your speakers...)

The Joseph audio speakers are always among those I enjoy most at shows.  Soundstage imaging and detail always seems uniquely good but they do tend to be smaller than most for the price.   That's a good thing for those with space limitations which is often the case.

I have no clue what use of Graphene accomplishes with a speaker driver.    Is that mostly for marketing appeal?   

The introduction of the new Pearl3 Graphene has garnered many enthusiastic notices.
Here’s one from The Absolute Sound:
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/rocky-mountain-audio-fest-2019-loudspeakers/
Best sound, cost-no-object:
"I could have gone Vandersteen, Wilson, or YG but my heart kept returning to the Joseph Pearl 3 with Berkeley Audio Design sourcing Doshi Audio power. Even in a smallish room the sound was effortless, and brimming with musicality and warmth. Take my money, please."

Joseph has been demoing versions of the Pearl for years, often garnering among the best-of-show mentions, so it's seems odd that it's never been reviewed anywhere!   I'd really enjoy reading what TAS of Stereophile would say of Joseph's flagship.