Worth pursuing analog sound from digital?

Hi all,

I recently acquired a PS audio Nuwave dac which has eliminated most of the digital harshness compared with my old dac but it's still not as smooth and harsh-free like vinyl. I was wondering if it's worth pursuing that analog sound from digital without spending a fortune and if it's even possible. I know lots of digital lovers will say digital can be as good as vinyl but is it really?   
jaferd
Amazing.

People in this thread are saying CDs can't compare to vinyl !

Well.....DUUUUUUUUUH

Certainly pro digital people that say digital is equal to vinyl are talking HiRez digital.

DEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR

Amazing.
Dear @elliottbnewcombjr : In my post the reference to you was only because you posted that analog/LP is " an unbroken ribbon and digital is an assembled chain " and the facts/what I explained says that LP is an assembled chain and worst than the digital medium.

In that post I said that each one of us preferences are non-questionable are out of question.

Against all the facts I explained in that post your preferences, the other gentleman preferences and my preferences are only that " preferences " and can’t change in anyway those facts and the main fact says: digital has quality superiority over LP and was already explained.

That we love the worst medium and even " die for " ( LP ) does not change the facts and only says that that is what we like it because it’s what we are accustom to, it’s our music reference instead that our reference be LIVE MUSIC seated at nearfield position.

Any one of you can have experiences of live music at nearfield position and you will find out that does not exist almost nothing of the LP main characteristics we love as: warm, sweetnees, relaxed and the like and you will learn that real music has a natural brigthness, agressive, extremely powerful and dynamic, not very well defined soundstage and could be even with some harsness.
We have to remember that recording microphones are " seated " at nearfield position and that’s what pick-up, then why we want that warm or sweetness and the like that just does not exist in the reality. Yes we like the " ilusion " .

Some one of you posted: "" analog is nature, what else would people be searching for. """

well I learned that the last link between the ears and brain is an Analog to Digital Converter and I posted from where came that lesson.

What happens with LP vs digital is exactly the same when we discuss tube vs solid state, here what is totally out of reality is the tube technology but for some of us is what we are accustom to and for that reason is what we like even that puts us faraway from the recording when solid state puts us nearer to the recording but this overall subject is for other dedicated thread.

Now, if any one of us LP lovers ( as me. ) fine tune our room/system for digital ( including all the ones that " hate " digital. ) a great side reward is that after the room/system digital fine tunning the LP experiences will be better than ever.
Please don’t say NO just try it and fine tune your room/system till you can listen digital in a " decent " way. That makes a quality paramount differences for the better always and will makes that LP shines as never before ! !

R.

If you can do a comparison you'll hear the difference between an analog & digital rig.  No need to take anybody's word for anything. Iftheclicks & pops don't bother you, you'll get more of everything good sonically.  DO NOT take my word for it, listen for yourself.  I have both.  In terms of digital, I've a Merdian 808. Any 800 series Meridian - go for at least a mark IV (or any later replacements)  you can find used will have the lack of harshness (& plenty of resolution) you're after.  It still won't have all the resolution & more of a decent analog rig but it''ll be plenty good (interconnect & power cables are important, however).  That is an absolute guarantee,  but again take my word for none of it. Listen for yourself & all will be more than clear.
I’ll chime in. The best early CD player which sounded analog-like was a Kyocera 410 from 1984. After that, it took me until 2006 to achieve analog-like sound (sometimes the CD is better, sometimes the LP) and that was the first version of the EAR Acute with NOS pair of 6DJ8s. I’ve since heard some great DACs and CD players which extract what’s on the CD. Historic CDs, especially acoustic 78s that have been remastered correctly are superior sounding and easier to hear than the original 78s and LP reincarnations.

Analog-like is the standard because we hear in the analog realm. To sound analog-like, many posters summon up the sound of an analog source, turntable or R2R. Digital and CDs can sound analog-like or even like an analog source given the proper recording and mastering.

One thing I do to have repeatable, great CD sound is using a Walker Talisman (pair of bonded magnets) to neutralize the CD (and LP) magnetism, especially due to spinning at high speed.  It's so quick and easy.  I've used the demag. machines but they were not as successful or easy to use as the Talisman.